Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Very early video about Aero Leather

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I bought a couple of Sam Walker jackets, copies of an Aero Highwayman and Halfbelt. side to side they are pretty easy to distinguish. Both Sam Walkers are fitted with large YKK zips and some of the stitching goes a bit wonky on visible seams, something I would think Aero would pick up on even in their early days. Sams leather does also not look quite as good a quality, even their Front Quarter Horse.
As previously mentioned Aero originally may have supplied them with items which they then copied cheaper, terminating their deal with Aero I would think :(
I recently saw a 44 Barnstormer in a second hand clothing store(some call it vintage haha) for £150. Worth the money to make a little profit on but I just could not be bothered to lug it around Brighton all day.

Edward

Bartender
I bought a couple of Sam Walker jackets, copies of an Aero Highwayman and Halfbelt. side to side they are pretty easy to distinguish. Both Sam Walkers are fitted with large YKK zips and some of the stitching goes a bit wonky on visible seams, something I would think Aero would pick up on even in their early days. Sams leather does also not look quite as good a quality, even their Front Quarter Horse.
As previously mentioned Aero originally may have supplied them with items which they then copied cheaper, terminating their deal with Aero I would think :(
I recently saw a 44 Barnstormer in a second hand clothing store(some call it vintage haha) for £150. Worth the money to make a little profit on but I just could not be bothered to lug it around Brighton all day.

I'd have jumped on that...44 is my size, I think!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I'd have jumped on that...44 is my size, I think!
Fitted me in the body with a jumper but way to droopy at the shoulders and fingertip too long in the arms.
Sorry Edward, but out for the day on the train I really did not want to carry about 6kgs of dead horse around.(And they would not stash it for the day, too many buyers wish to do it so I was told) It would have been an easy profit even though :(

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
If they're Aero at all.... As I recall, the relationship terminated around the time that Sam Walker started having the Aero designs they had stocked copied overseas, to sell under their own label. There's a legend that some of them are Aero jackets labelled as Sam Walker, though I believe Ken has confirmed that while some of them might be, they left the factory with Aero labels only.

It's ironic, then, because my Aero habit was born at Sam Walker about 20 years ago now. SM seemed to shrink and then disappear.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just bring us right up to date, here's Ken and Aero's latest telly outing. This is from Borders telly...

http://www.itv.com/news/border/topic/border-life/
Favorite line: "If Daniel Craig says he wants a leather jacket, a dozen companies will send him a freebie. Well, he won't get one from Aero." Great piece. I've been doing a lot of reading on William Morris and the 19th century Arts and Crafts movement, and it's so great to see those ideas being kept alive today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR