Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Very early video about Aero Leather

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
This is actually a news report from Border Television (a local television channel covering Cumbria and the south of Scotland), and I believe the female interviewer is Fiona Armstrong who went on to become famous as a National News Reader .

D

Charlie_1961

New in Town
Great Vid and thanks for sharing. I wonder if that machine in the 83 clip was the one that my Battersea contract A2 was made on;)

Sorry for asking - I came across this site by accident. Did this chap / person own / run the the second hand clothes shop at the bottom end of Falcon Road, Battersea? I lived 2 miles away. Just that when I was a lot younger I brought 4 leather flying jackets - 3 painted, 1 plain. I enjoyed them, but out grew them - I still have them stored with many other jackets I brought when I was 16/17/18/19/20.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Sorry for asking - I came across this site by accident. Did this chap / person own / run the the second hand clothes shop at the bottom end of Falcon Road, Battersea? I lived 2 miles away. Just that when I was a lot younger I brought 4 leather flying jackets - 3 painted, 1 plain. I enjoyed them, but out grew them - I still have them stored with many other jackets I brought when I was 16/17/18/19/20.
Spot on mate, I discovered the shop around 1980 looking for motorcycle parts at Russell Motors. Think it was number 67 Falcon Road.
Check out my story here:
It's just for a laugh, most on here have probably read it :)

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-road-to-galashiels.68659/#post-1562005

Edward

Bartender
That relationship didn't end well. Occasionally, Sam Walker Aero jackets turn up on eBay.

If they're Aero at all.... As I recall, the relationship terminated around the time that Sam Walker started having the Aero designs they had stocked copied overseas, to sell under their own label. There's a legend that some of them are Aero jackets labelled as Sam Walker, though I believe Ken has confirmed that while some of them might be, they left the factory with Aero labels only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner