Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vicenza owners: how much softer has it become since brand new?

SklounstDraxxer

Familiar Face
Hi all, I realize that Vicenza is a relatively recent offering, but for those who have been wearing it heavily since the beginning--how much softer has it become since brand new, and how long has it taken to get that softness?

I just tried on a fit jacket in Vicenza and I really like it. It's still a little stiffer than I would prefer (though obviously much softer relative to many other leathers), and I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect in terms of how soft it will become, and how much wear it takes to get there.

Thanks in advance!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I've never owned one long enough to know and I've had three! But Vicenza is pretty malleable from the start. The hardest day is the first day...it will get progressively softer. Chromexcel FQHH/SH is a fighting tuna, whereas Vicenza is a big rockfish. Not as much fighting.

As for color change/I don't know how much of it it will exhibit. But examples online show more grain popping out with wear.

SklounstDraxxer

Familiar Face
I've never owned one long enough to know and I've had three! But Vicenza is pretty malleable from the start. The hardest day is the first day...it will get progressively softer. Chromexcel FQHH/SH is a fighting tuna, whereas Vicenza is a big rockfish. Not as much fighting.

As for color change/I don't know how much of it it will exhibit. But examples online show more grain popping out with wear.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, it doesn't feel super-stiff right out of the box, and it's good to know that it will get softer--I guess I'm trying to determine if it will get a LOT softer, or marginally softer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran