Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Victorian Boots

Montresor

New in Town
My wife is looking for Victorian or Granny Boots. We've checked out e-bay which is not our preference and several high end shoe makers such as John Lobb who are way too expensive. I've perused the Powder Room and have done a search with little success. Does anyone have any insights?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award

Montresor

New in Town
Thanks very much all of you for your replies. My wife has some real choices to make with all of them.

graverobbergirl

New in Town
My next pair of boots...?

I'm thinking about getting some Victorian-style boots as my next pair of shoes, but this is about all I can afford. I know they don't compare with the ones for which you guys have already posted links. (I can only dream about getting a pair of those)

Victorian-110-Brown_0.jpg

http://www.clockworkcouture.com/?q=node/59

Also, these would probably become my main pair of shoes, since I don't have many, so I was wondering if anyone knew how comfortable these style shoes would be?

Amie

One of the Regulars
Does anyone own these? Oak Tree Farm's Catherine:

dsp_catherine_blk_lg.jpg

I've been admiring these for a long time, but now I'm a little concerned because I think they've created a cheaper line of the "same" style under the same name and all. I even contacted one of Oak Tree Farm's retailers about this discrepency, but they wouldn't acknowledge it, saying it's just the lightning that's making the boots look different. See for yourself. I'm convinced they're not the same anymore and that they're not making them in the same quality anymore.
OT-CATHERINEBLACK_2.jpg

OT-CATHERINEBLACK.jpg

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I don't own the Catherine, but I do have two pairs of Oak Tree Farms' Veil (for my Victorian garb), and I've been very pleased with their quality, comfort, and style.

Lauren

I own a pair, they're the two tone brown ones. Love them!
They ran VERY narrow. I have narrow feet and I had to get mine stretched. Maybe that's why they remade them?
I bought mine about three years ago.

Amie

One of the Regulars
Now that you say that, I don't feel so bad about them being remade. I guess I'm hesitant because I ordered Oak Tree's Veil about two years ago. I loved the style and all, but when I got them, there was this tiny, very sharp nail sticking from the insole of the boot at the heel and unfortunately, I hadn't noticed it until I got to work. Of course the whole day I was in extreme discomfort as the nail dug into my skin and also punctured my stockings. Luckily they were willing to acknowledge this defect, but that was enough to scare me for a while. I did buy these from Bordello and they've done me well, but sometimes you want something a little less conspicuous:
AAAADOcXWuAAAAAAAG365A.jpg

The need for witchy boots is real.

Lauren

Oh wow- those strappy ones are beautiful!
My boots were also hard on the inside. I just added jell insoles/arch support inserts and it was better :)
But nails? How painful!

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Yeah, I add squishy bits to all my shoes, so it didn't occur to me to wear them without the gel insoles, which may very well make all the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy