Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Appliances

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Anyone know of a good site for vintage appliances or new ones that have that style and decent build quality.
We just picked up a new Kitchen Aid mixer that has that vintage look to it and it's a nice unit.
Now we need a toaster either old or new. Of course we'll be needing some other stuff in the future so info on any kitchen items would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Erick

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Too bad you already got the mixer- there are tons of vintage Sunbeam Mixmasters out there for cheap. I have one (and a couple more for parts, but I've never needed any) from 1940 that works like a charm. Here is the definitive website for Mixmasters, IMHO:

http://www.angelfire.com/home/flexibleshaft/

I also have a GE chrome toaster from 1960 which my dad bought new. I've never had any problems with it. I've seen them often in antique stores for about $15. You might have to replace the cord and/or heating element in it- I don't think either repair would be difficult to DIY.

Here's the toaster & a chrome Toastmaster waffle maker I got at a church rummage sale cheap. It really works well. Overall, the quality of vintage vs. new appliances really can't be matched. Keep searching for them! :)

toaster.jpg

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Well the mixer was a present from her parents we didn;t know about but it is a nice unit and fits in nicely with it's style.

Here's the toaster I just picked up. A Sunbeam T-20B unit with the self lowering option. It's in nice shape except for two spots on the cord which are a little worn and needs to be replaced.
I just have to find some braided electical cord to replace it.

t20btoaster3.JPG

Erick

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ebay is a great place to find vintage appliances! Also antique shops. I only use the originals seeing they work good, wont quit and give the right look if you're shooting for a true period look.

That's a nice toaster however, I go for the more streamlined models. The 1939 Toastmaster can be found on ebay in numbers! Most starting around 15 bucks or less!

7f_12_sb.JPG

If you're also looking for a good blender, go with a late 30's Waring! They work swell!

DSC102060.JPG

Also, if you're looking for other appliances for out side of the kitchen, I might suggest a 1930's Hoover!

P1010317.jpg

DSC105537.JPG

And for the living room, a beautiful 1930's console radio maybe like this 1938 Sears Silvertone set...

1938silvertonehw0.jpg

=WR=

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Wild Root said:
Ebay is a great place to find vintage appliances! Also antique shops. I only use the originals seeing they work good, wont quit and give the right look if you're shooting for a true period look.

That's a nice toaster however, I go for the more streamlined models. The 1939 Toastmaster can be found on ebay in numbers! Most starting around 15 bucks or less!

7f_12_sb.JPG

If you're also looking for a good blender, go with a late 30's Waring! They work swell!

DSC102060.JPG

Also, if you're looking for other appliances for out side of the kitchen, I might suggest a 1930's Hoover!

P1010317.jpg

DSC105537.JPG

And for the living room, a beautiful 1930's console radio maybe like this 1938 Sears Silvertone set...

1938silvertonehw0.jpg

=WR=

Or we could all just move in with you!lol

D

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I actually have a hoover vacumm similar to that one that was my grandmothers. Haven't gotten around to cleaning or fixing it up yet though.
I would love the radio for my living room as well.

Erick

Wild Root

Gone Home
GearHead said:
I actually have a hoover vacumm similar to that one that was my grandmothers. Haven't gotten around to cleaning or fixing it up yet though.
I would love the radio for my living room as well.

Erick

Well, all those vacuums really need are new belts. You can go to most small vacuum repair places and pick up a standard Hoover belt. Polish that cast aluminum and clean the bag and you'll have a Hoover that will be ready for the job! Those old cleaners really work well, they have a good sucking power and the sound they make will bring new joys to vacuuming.;)

The radio I posted is a 1938 Sears Silvertone... I have the same set, just un-restored. It's one of my favorite radios... kind of looks like a Juke Box.

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR