Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Betty's Holiday Contest

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Credit for this contest courtesy: Miss Neecerie

Vintage Betty loves giving things away from her personal collection for all you Fellas and Dames to enjoy. And in the spirit of the season, she wants to give something to you! So here's the contest for the month:

Prize: To be determined

Entry: Entries must be posted to this thread, and must be a photograph from Winter 2007. Entries must have a Winter or Seasonal RETRO theme, circa 1920-1950.

Here's some ideas:

• Picture of you in front of a retro Christmas Tree in your home, picture taken Winter 2007.
  • Lighting the Retro Channukiah (Menorah), picture taken Winter 2007. Channukiah must be circa 1920 - 1950 or you must be dressed vintage lighting a modern Channukiah.
  • Picture of you in your retro winter gear in the snow, circa 1920-1950 picture taken Winter 2007.
  • Harvest picture taken in a retro location for Kwanzaa. Picture taken Winter 2007. Since Kwanzaa was founded 1966, lighting of Kwanzaa candles are not eligible, but the harvest festival was celebrated for generations before that.
  • What to do for the Wiccans and Pagans on this list? I'm not sure, but I assume you would want an outdoor themed winter picture, retro of course.
Get the idea? Post questions in this thread, I prefer you not PM me, as my mailbox is almost full.

And here's the catch: For every 10 entries, Vintage Betty will add another prize!

Contest ends December 20 or thereabouts.

Ladies from the Globe Trotting Hat Contest can enter, but cannot use any pictures previously posted or same location(s) as posted in the Globe Trotting Hat Contest, and MUST contain a Winter or Holiday Theme.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hiya Betty! Cool contest, thanks for always being so generous!
I have a question, is it just one entry or more than one photo, ect?
Nikki

Kishtu

Practically Family
Now what I need is some SNOW!!

Will some good old-fashioned fat Cornish rain do as an acceptable substitute for wintry scenes? lol

(Failing that, yrs truly will be hieing off for some arbitrary reindeer-hugging in town tomorrow - Santa's reindeer will be visiting! and it is still distinctly raining....)

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Oooh I'm looking forward to this one, but is there a closing date? I don't usually put the tree up until December 10th ish?
I always have a British 30s/40s Christmas and on the weekend of the 23rd/24th will be having friends over in vintage for some festive retro silliness!

You are awfully kind doing this little giveaway! 'God bless us everyone' as Tiny Tim would say....lol

Vintage Betty

ohairas said:
Hiya Betty! Cool contest, thanks for always being so generous!
I have a question, is it just one entry or more than one photo, ect?
Nikki

Thanks for all the thanks!

Ms. ohairas, I can always count on you to stir up trouble, can't I? lol

I knew someone would ask this question, so here goes:

Yes, you can enter more than once, but another prize won't be added until 10 PEOPLE post entries. Fair enough?

Ms. Kitty_Sheridan, the contest closes around December 20 or so.

Vintage Betty

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Oh Betty,what a fun contest!
If I can pull it together I may have something to enter,but I eagerly await everyone's entries.I'm sure it will give me plenty of ideas for next year.

Vintage Betty

rubyredlocks said:
Oh Betty,what a fun contest!
If I can pull it together I may have something to enter,but I eagerly await everyone's entries.I'm sure it will give me plenty of ideas for next year.

Keep up the Holiday spirit! I get a (joyous response inserted here) when you dames and fellas are excited about my contests.

I have been looking through my Fedora Lounge Treasure Chest for a special prize, but nothing has popped out at me yet as being special enough.

I think I will be spending some time this weekend going through some more items so I can find something unusual, desired or extra-special.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

1st prize now posted

Here is the first prize available for Vintage Betty's Holiday Contest. Note it has a United Millinery Workers Label.

free_hat_tan1_120207.jpg

free_hat_tan2_120207.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy