Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Buttons Yay!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
VERY nice buttons. Cool mix too.

Aside from those bright yellow cut out ones, Id say you have mostly war time buttons (early to late 40s). Its hard to get exact dates because molds were re issued in different colors at different times, so I find going by the Made in the USA stamp is fairly accurate before most buttons began being made in Japan and other countries in the super late 40s and on into the 50s.

LD

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ShrinkingViolet said:
3130246521_16354c7b1f.jpg

The green button and buckle set is KILLING me. I WANT IT.

Lovely stuff! I will post some of mine later on.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I'm glad you enjoyed the buttons! Although they're nowhere near as impressive as Lady Day's collection. :)
Green buttons are the best! I particularly love the last ones on the right, the mint green ones.
Miss 1929, I felt the same way about the green buckle set when I saw it! I'm still waiting for the perfect pattern to go with them. They would look great on a black crepe dress.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Before the advent of this thread, I didn't think vintage buttons could be so amazing. I think I may have found a new obsession.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Today's theme: Metal.

IMG_0178.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg

And last but not least...

IMG_0155.jpg

This one has to be my absolute favorite button. I think about this one every time I think about my buttons. Metal buttons are far from my preference of what I like to collect, but this copper button was on an unmarked card of six. They are just so beautiful, and understated and have such presence.

I thought these were brass when I got them, but they are not tarnished and look like a penny before they are pressed :) I love them.

LD

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Lady Day, I absolutely love that red wood button with the flowers. So lovely. I also really love the thread you started. I never really gave much thought to vintage buttons before.
Sarah

Kim_B

Practically Family
Ok, you've inspired me to take a look and see what could be found on Etsy. God Bless Etsy!

I don't think these are too terribly vintage as I saw a lot of shops had them listed, but I was hypnotized by their swirliness...
il_430xN44366847.jpg

...and how could you resist the charm of these little crows?!
il_430xN50372918.jpg

I am thinking of using these lovely apples to make some earrings...
il_430xN50662389.jpg

...and a pair of pairs...I feel a brooch of some sort in their future...
il_430xN50689091.jpg

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
the best thread ever....

i collect buttons so this is very exciting i am going to organise and photograph mine. excited.
x

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
:eusa_clap Kim B! Lovely buttons!!
Those apples are great. I love buttons like that but dont get them often because I would not know what to do with them!

Thank you for sharing and please ladies post your buttons!! :D

LD

Vintage Betty

Lady day, thanks for organizing this thread! Now I have to organize my buttons! :eusa_doh:

Beautiful buttons! Oh so pretty!

Wolf, when do we get to see your jar o' buttons?

Laura Chase, I L.o.v.e your dress with the buttons!

Lady Day, I swear that yellow buttons with the blue sunbursts is staring at me!

ShoreRoadLady, I can't read the article, can you please re-post the link?

Jupiter's Darling, I covet that silver set with the buckle. Beautiful!

ShrinkingViolet, I love the fact you store your buttons in an old suitcase, but I really love the blue buttons

KimB, do you ever get mezmerized by your red swirly buttons? I just keep staring at them! And I do love your cute little apple buttons.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
We have button twins, VB!!

buttons_carded5.jpg
IMG_0544.jpg

buttons_051008.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg

buttons_carded15.JPG
IMG_0069.jpg

There are a few more too (the brown ones that are priced $1.50). It soo cool to see them all and all the kinds there are.

You have some wonderous buttons there, VB. Mmmmm, tasty....I really like the cream ones marked $2.00. Is the design in them painted or a sticker?
Yay buttons!

LD

Vintage Betty

That's so funny that we have matching sets!

I went to go pull the white set...and already misplaced it. :eusa_doh: I think it's plastic with paint. [huh]

More to come...

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael