Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

zaika

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
Love the satin dress, but I'm not crazy about the suit for you. I think that suit might be better suited for a more mature woman.

really? it looks too old? dangit. maybe i should just commission someone to make a suit for me.
the dress is really dreamy. i'm thinking...either black or that green. or gold! the gold is pretty.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
zaika said:
really? it looks too old? dangit. maybe i should just commission someone to make a suit for me.
the dress is really dreamy. i'm thinking...either black or that green. or gold! the gold is pretty.

I really like the gold one! If you can get away with wearing that color (I can't - I'm too pale and it would make me looked washed out), I say go for it. It's a very luxe color. I really like the icy blue color too. Pick the color that would bring out the color of your eyes most.

The suit just reminds me of something Queen Elizabeth would wear for some reason. Maybe it's because of the hat in the pic. For around the same price, you could have someone like Top Runway on eBay make you a suit. And she does custom work. Someone posted a pick of a 50s suit that Top Runway makes and suggested asking her to change the lapels to single breasted (from double) and the skirt to an A-line (from a pencil) so that the suit looked 1940s instead of 50s. I thought that would be a great idea and I'm considering doing it myself. Either that, or I'm going to have her make me a tweed 30s suit from a pattern I have.

anabolina

A-List Customer
I spent an hour or so in Ross today and saw some cute jumpers on the clearance rack. They've also got these 60s styles jackets. Gotta love the Ross.

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
I've become obsessed in finding out about this coat since spotting it online the other day. It has such a great vintage look, the color and texture of the wool are fab.
Does anyone have any clue as to who could have made it? I've searched many online stores and tried a bunch of searches on ebay too. But found nothing. It's probably out of my price range anyway.

4so3nn.jpg

2ryhm61.jpg

Blondie

Practically Family
dandelion-vint said:
I've become obsessed in finding out about this coat since spotting it online the other day. It has such a great vintage look, the color and texture of the wool are fab.
Does anyone have any clue as to who could have made it? I've searched many online stores and tried a bunch of searches on ebay too. But found nothing. It's probably out of my price range anyway.

4so3nn.jpg

2ryhm61.jpg

There is an cream coloured one that is similar at Old Navy !

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=5448&pid=529385&vid=1

I got the cutest black wool jacket with puffed sleeves, sits on the hip,
looks very vintage, and it has a button on/off hood too !

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=5448&pid=529374

texasgirl

One Too Many
dandelion-vint said:

4so3nn.jpg

2ryhm61.jpg

I looked around online. Everyone seems to have loved it, but nothing about the designer. Although she is the spokesperson for Bebe. It's not on their website, but it could be something new, maybe coming out soon?

SarahLouise

Practically Family
For any UK ladies interested Primark are selling some fair isle cardigans at the moment. I got these pictures from Ebay and haven't actually seen them in person to judge whether they're any good or not but thought I'd let you guys know. I'd really like the grey one if it was long sleeved and buttoned all the way down (they also do a dress version of this I think.)

fairislegrey.jpg

fairislecream.jpg

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Oooh I love Fair-isle.
I bought some funny fingerless mitt/sleeve things yesterday from Primark and they are soooo cute £2!

Re that coat-who is the girl? (excuse my ignorance) contact her people and ask. They will always tell you as they keep a list. I once spotted a UK actress wearing a fab coat which turned out to be vintage (sadly) but I actually rang her agent who passed me on to her stylist. She took my details and eventually I got an email from the actress who told me where she bought it. We had a great chinwag online and she told me she needed some black leather gauntlets for an evening do, I had some at home and mailed them to her stylist. She then rang me (!) and eventually sent me a beautiful fringed black shawl and a lovely card.
Ok, she's only a TV star here in the UK but she was so sweet and really fights with her stylist to wear more vintage. Give it a try!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Who was it Kitty S?

The lady in the blue coat is Rebecca Romijn, who is in Ugly Betty, but she's previously been in X-Men, among other things. She's probably too "big" to get a reply from her people.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Oooh I love Fair-isle.
I bought some funny fingerless mitt/sleeve things yesterday from Primark and they are soooo cute £2!

Re that coat-who is the girl? (excuse my ignorance) contact her people and ask. They will always tell you as they keep a list. I once spotted a UK actress wearing a fab coat which turned out to be vintage (sadly) but I actually rang her agent who passed me on to her stylist. She took my details and eventually I got an email from the actress who told me where she bought it. We had a great chinwag online and she told me she needed some black leather gauntlets for an evening do, I had some at home and mailed them to her stylist. She then rang me (!) and eventually sent me a beautiful fringed black shawl and a lovely card.
Ok, she's only a TV star here in the UK but she was so sweet and really fights with her stylist to wear more vintage. Give it a try!

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. I do have access to her reps contact information. dandelion-vint PM me if you want it.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Hi Fleur! Thanks! I knew I recognised her but couldn't place her!
The actress used to be in East enders and hasnt done much since, but was really friendly and a regular at petticoat lane!
K;)

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
Hi,
I did send a message to her publisist, so I'll see if I hear anything back from him.
I've seen the her and the coat posted on other websites and blogs and no one mentions who the maker is. I found that she does like thrift shops and the Rose Bowl, so there is a chance it could be vintage or at least a designer coat from several years back. I usually don't follow what celebrities wear, but this coat just really struck me as awesome.

lyburnum

Practically Family
Top shop vintage

Haven't been on their website in a long, long time but out of boredom just wandered on there. It seems that movie stars and models' passion (and wallet) for vintage has made its way onto the highstreet. Personally, I think it's all over priced, and I'd rather not let a mainstream chain do my vintage shopping for me. But then again, they do have some rather lovely pieces.

My favourite was this one:
switch1normalpp6.jpg

But I think the description sums it up
This is a 1930s Victorian satin wedding dress
Oxymoron?

http://www.topshop.com
It's all under the 'Archive' section

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
dandelion-vint said:

4so3nn.jpg

2ryhm61.jpg

How funny that this thread got revived when I literally, just half an hour ago, saw this coat in a magazine. In case anyone was still wondering, or if you never heard back d-v, it's Dolce and Gabbana and a steal at a mere £895 ($1800)! :p

anabolina

A-List Customer
lyburnum said:
Haven't been on their website in a long, long time but out of boredom just wandered on there. It seems that movie stars and models' passion (and wallet) for vintage has made its way onto the highstreet. Personally, I think it's all over priced, and I'd rather not let a mainstream chain do my vintage shopping for me. But then again, they do have some rather lovely pieces.

My favourite was this one:
switch1normalpp6.jpg

But I think the description sums it up

Oxymoron?

http://www.topshop.com
It's all under the 'Archive' section

Thanks for posting the link. My fav is the brown 40s inspired dress.
switch1_normal.jpg

I'm afraid I'm rather less fond of the price...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic