Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Kim_B

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
I've thought for a while now that the gals of the lounge should have a swap thread. Maybe post a pic or two, bust waist hips measurements, list any flaws, and swap. Each pay for shipping on their end, so no money exchange is necessary. If multiple people jump on one item at the same time, maybe draw names from a hat.

...not to rain on any one's parade, but we tried this with sewing patterns, and it fizzled...I think some ladies are still waiting to receive their patterns they signed up for...I'm just sayin' is all...

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Saw these in the Fredericks catalogue

71278_lrg_8201.jpg

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
Saw these in the Fredericks catalogue

71278_lrg_8201.jpg

i have to say, i don't care for the styling on those. THAT SAID, i know if one place is doing a style, 5 other places will be as well, and they'll all be a little different! so that's promising! :)

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Sweet Deal

Ladies,

I just bought a 40s inspired dress for 25$ at Torrid. It is a shirt dress style in a black and white gingham with black lapels and covered buttons.

If you are in a Torrid, look at the clearance rack!

Kim_B

Practically Family
Sadly, I did have it on in this picture - I debated wearing it, thought it looked like it was missing something, so I wore it. By the time I got to my destination and the pictures were already done, I realized how awful it looked because it was all bunched up and made me look quite frumpy! Thankfully, my arm is hiding it in this pic!! :D From now on, no sash!!!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The shipping's a bit pricey but I think I would just order tow or three things to make it worth the wile. I see at least that many that I like.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Blondie said:
Was at Target last weekend and saw they had the cutest sailor pants by
Isaac Mizrahi !!!!!!!

I looked this weekend and didn't spot any. Could you give me a hint? Color, section etc.??

By the way, Isaac Mizrahi has a rather nice 50s styled dress in navy at Target too. Portrait collar, self covered buttons and belt, fuller skirt. Around $45.

Snookie

Practically Family
My local Forever 21 is stocking a lot of nautical themed clothing right now, and they also have some 20's looking lacy blouses. Oh, and wide brimmed felt hats, very 30's.

I bought none of those things, but instead got a green chunky knit cardi and a wonderful plaid knee-length coat.

Myn, that etsy store is neat, and good prices too, it looks like. Welcome to the lounge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic