Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ahh!! Target has done it again!! Gosh there stuff is just really fun!

BTW: I have a bathing suit that I bought there 8 years ago, and it's still in great shape!! They always have the cutest suits. Bella, I really like that candy striped one. I wish I could wear a top like that, scars on the belly just don't like the sun:( Wonder if anyone knows if it comes in a tankini?? Guess I'll have to take a visit there. You ladies are all very bad for my bank account, putting all of these cute clothing ideas in my head!!!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I saw this one at target last week. I'll have t otry it on but I love the ruffles and the polka dots.
41wm1UHZabL._AA354_.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
deadpandiva said:
I saw this one at target last week. I'll have t otry it on but I love the ruffles and the polka dots.
41wm1UHZabL._AA354_.jpg

OOOHH!! I didn't see that there:( I'm definitely gonna go and look for it, it's really adorable!

Oh, and the Target add that has been running here for the past week or so advertises one of the brands that they sell, and the designers are talking about how they were inspired by flowers and floral prints of the 30's, but how they were used for styles in the 70's, so they are doing a 30's print meets 70's style. Some things are definitely better than others. Not crazy about the empire waist things that have been so popular over the past few seasons, I didn't lose weight just to put on a top that makes me look pregnant!! But, they do have a few dresses that are very cute and in flattering styles. It seems that they have quite a few 50's and 60's inspired dresses that are incredibly cute. I don't look too great in a very full skirt:( I'm too vertically challenged to wear a lot of material and think I look better in a-line skirts/dresses. But, I have found a few cute belted dresses with not too overwhelmingly full skirts. Ahh, what I wouldn't do to be just a few inches taller[huh]

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
And ladies, if you're a AAA member, and are doing your Target shopping online, drop by the AAA discount page, I believe you get a discount!!

PS

A-List Customer
That dress above is on my have to get this season list, I want the baby blue one!
I am waiting until the end of the month though. My closet is packed with dresses dying for some warm weather.
How much is the AAA discount????

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
PS said:
How much is the AAA discount????

It was in my AAA magazine this month, along with discounts for Payless Shoes and NY & Co. I think you have to go through the AAA site, but it's a 10% discount.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Just a plug for a very lovely online friend's clothing line.

Big Beautiful Barbara Brown!

She does some lovely dresses and a new two piece play suit, all her own designs, except for the Marilyn dresses, which are repros of the ones Marilyn wears in some of her films. They are all very well made and she does custom fitting too. Might be expensive for the US ladies, but for what you get, they are very good value. And they go up to a size 22 (US26!)

D

Deleted member 3716

that "some like it hot" dress is great....

oh dear....

MissHannah

One Too Many
God yes, it is fabulous isn't it? The others are lovely shapes but the fabrics are a bit too modern-looking for me. More plain colours would be great.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Fleur De Guerre said:

She does some lovely dresses and a new two piece play suit, all her own designs, except for the Marilyn dresses, which are repros of the ones Marilyn wears in some of her films. They are all very well made and she does custom fitting too. Might be expensive for the US ladies, but for what you get, they are very good value. And they go up to a size 22 (US26!)

Oh my! I LOVE these dresses, especially the '40s plaid dress. I have a thing for plaid lately...lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:

And the lady who runs the site has a sister with her own range!

Marion May

BTW the owner of BBBB will probably make any dress in any fabric if you ask her! She got me some emerald green satin for the Femme Fatale dress especially.

PS I am not a partner in the company! I just think her stuff is awesome.

zaika

One Too Many
fleur...your friend's shop is EXACTLY what i've been looking for. thank you so much for posting the link, and tell her that she'll be getting some business from the states!....well, as soon as i can save a couple bucks. lol

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Thanks for the link Kerry, unfortunately I now have to go to Principles and buy about 3 different things!!!!! They have some great stuff this season!

Candied violets

New in Town
I just updated my computer to a cherry blossom theme and what with it being very, very pink; I was suddenly put in mind of the Japanese label Jesus Diamante. I never could fit into anything they made and the prices are quite steep but, if nothing else, I thought it might provide some inspiration. The models you see are store clerks and are required to do their hair in the styles you see to reflect the designer's twin inspirations of Barbie and Brigitte Bardot. The shops themselves are as adorable as they look in the pictures.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
AllaboutEve said:
Thanks for the link Kerry, unfortunately I now have to go to Principles and buy about 3 different things!!!!! They have some great stuff this season!

That look amazingly cute and barbie'ish!! I wonder how much the prices are in dollars.. The girls look super petite!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats