Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
I LOVE Next!! That suit is great!
I'm actually looking for a couple of dressy suits for the upcoming Jewish Holidays. Sadly, the Jewish holidays are more of a fashion show nowadays than actual religious get togethers! So, one must look good!! To top it all off I'm going to temple this year in Manhattan, so the pressures on. Lucky me Ralph Lauren actually goes to the same temple as my family, so if there's a chance that I'll be running into him, I want to look my sharpest. He's actually really into the 30's and 40's for women's and mens fashions, so although I'm not planning on wearing vintage, I do want to find something modern with a vintage flare. Anyway, that next suit is great, and what a price. I think it will be nice for the short evening service on Friday night. Saturday morning will have to be the killer outfit. I was at Bloomingdales tonight checking things out and they have a lot of incredibly beautiful suits, sadly I think that this years holidays might just make me go broke! But, I'm planning on buying 3 suits for the 2 holidays, and whatever I buy I'll be bringing with me to France/Monte Carlo, so at least I know I'll be getting good use out of them. I'm hoping to find something that I can mix and match. Wear the skirt with a pretty blouse or sweater, wear the jacket with trousers. If I'm gonna spend money on a suit, I want to make sure I get a ton of wear out of it!
Anyway, if anyone comes across some suits that have a vintage style to them, please let me know. I love shorter jackets with belts/peplums, not just because they are vintagey but becuase it's a good style for my figure:)
Thanks ladies:)

By the way, I've been ordering from Red Dress Shoppe for a few years. They have great clothes, great customer service and really fast shipping!

Thanks! It's not a matching suit though and I won't be wearing them together as they're different materials and colours. The jacket will look cute this autumn with a black pencil skirt and heels. The skirt is dry clean only which is a real pain as I didn't realise this when I bought it. It's only a wool mix so I may try it on the hand wash/wool cycle of the washing machine. Good luck finding a suit, as you're in the US I can't really recommend any shops!

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
I was walking through the mall yesterday and spotted the first coat in the window of Buckle, and it reminded me of a 40's or 50's coat. When I went to their website, I saw some other coats that reminded me of vintage wear. On a thread somewhere I saw DecoDoll with a fabulous camping outfit wearing a plaid coat kind of like the ones below. The Buckle

bucklecoat1ww9.jpg
bucklecoat2tk4.jpg

bucklecoat3fm7.jpg
bucklecoat4aa4.jpg

OnlyOneAudrey

New in Town
Rave

I just wanted share with you ladies something. I really love shopping at the RAVE. They don't specialize in vintage clothes. Just modern stuff, and their clothes aren't for everyone. BUT....

I did buy a black dress from them recently that I absolutely LOVE. (Makes me look like a knock out with all the right curves! There's an older gentleman that works in my office who commented on it. So if that tells you anything...) It's black and, besides how low it goes, it looks like it came right out of the Golden Era. (It sorta looks like the one Audrey Hepburn is wearing in my avatar.) When I bought this one, I saw at least two other dresses that def had a Golden Era vintage feel to them...but they didn't fit right:( . I also noticed that they have some stuff that looks like they were inspired by the 70's, too. (But that's not really a shocker since a lot of new fashions are based off of clothes from then.)

Last time I checked they didn't have a website up and working, but they do have one. maxrave.com Hopefully, they will get it up and running soon. But, yes, check it out, you never know, you might find something you like...even if it isn't vintage.

Kathy

New in Town
Target Dresses

I really like the dresses at Target, esp the merona shirt dress but as I live in the UK they do not ship over here!

Will anyone buy one for me and ship it over if I pay them?

I also like the dresses at lillijean.com but unfortunately their site is down for some reason.

If anyone knows of any similar dresses let me know as I am having trouble finding any I like!

I am looking for somthing summery in cotton pref blue floral with a classic 50s swing skirt

Dracca

One of the Regulars

Madalene Laurae

New in Town
Dracca said:
I got the new Victorias secret catalogue today and they have a few cute coats that are vintage looking.

the tailored coat - special price at the moment (top item, I can't seem to get it alone unless it is a popup large pic)

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...prnbr=3E-164832&cgname=OSKEYCLOZZZ&rfnbr=2201

and again at the top the empire waist coat - also special price

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...prnbr=3E-204752&cgname=OSKEYCLOZZZ&rfnbr=2201

I just won the white empire waist coat on ebay for $82! I am SO excited

Dracca

One of the Regulars
Madalene Laurae said:
I just won the white empire waist coat on ebay for $82! I am SO excited
Wow, congrats! I really liked it in white too, and the plum I thought was just adorable, you don't see a coat offered in so many colors too often.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
OMG! I just totally fell in love with that black lurex coat that you posted Ziaka. I just ordered one for myself. I like it best! :)

If you order a coat from Lane Bryant, make sure you do a google search for "Lane Bryant" and "coupon code." The lurex coat was on sale for 25% off, plus I found a coupon code for an extra 25% off of an online order of $75.00 or more. I saved $74.95 off the original price of the coat! It was cheaper to order it online with the coupon than if I would have purchased it at a store.

zaika

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
OMG! I just totally fell in love with that black lurex coat that you posted Ziaka. I just ordered one for myself. I like it best! :)

If you order a coat from Lane Bryant, make sure you do a google search for "Lane Bryant" and "coupon code." The lurex coat was on sale for 25% off, plus I found a coupon code for an extra 25% off of an online order of $75.00 or more. I saved $74.95 off the original price of the coat! It was cheaper to order it online with the coupon than if I would have purchased it at a store.

wow!! awesome tip, thank you!
the lurex coat was my first choice, too.

ShortClara

One Too Many
I found a gorgeous 40s style ReVamp skirt for $3 at the thrift today (score!). I have a question though... it's a large but it's only a little big in the waist on me, which puts it at 26 inches or so. Are all of their clothes so small? I almost passed it up but then I noticed it was a small large. I ask because I was thinking of leaving hints that I love their stuff for Christmas, but now I'm wondering what size I would need.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ShortClara said:
I found a gorgeous 40s style ReVamp skirt for $3 at the thrift today (score!). I have a question though... it's a large but it's only a little big in the waist on me, which puts it at 26 inches or so. Are all of their clothes so small? I almost passed it up but then I noticed it was a small large. I ask because I was thinking of leaving hints that I love their stuff for Christmas, but now I'm wondering what size I would need.

If I'm not mistaken, ReVamp is custom made, so they don't run by actual small medium or large sizes. At least that's how she used to be. I know she used to have some stock sizes on certain items, the pants I bought from her about a year and a half ago were marked by the waist size and inseam length, they weren't given a size name like "medium". Is the skirt actual marked on the tag "large" or were they just found in the "large" section on the rack? As far as I know her things are still custom made so I don't think that they run in sizes like that.

ShortClara

One Too Many
It has an "L" tag next to the label. Huh! Well, maybe it means Luscious or Lolita or something LOL :) hee!

zaika

One Too Many
ladies! ladies!

i've been looking for a skirt/jacket suit that FITS...and looks vintagey...what do you all think of this?? i'm not a fan of the hat, but it doesn't come with it...but the cut? the style? with all the vintage accessories? yes? no?

also...because i'm TOTALLY going to get my rear to QM next year...i saw this prom/bridesmaids/evening gown...vintage looking? with some nice pearls, fingerwaves....yes? no?

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Apparently the 1940s is back in fashion (again!) so the high street shops have some cute pieces. I've spotted these in magazines so apologies for the poor quality.

nextsuit.jpg

I really like this 1940s style suit from Next. They seem to have quite retro inspired clothing in general anyway so I wasn't surprised to see they sell this. I'm going to wait until the sale though as it's bound to be more than half price off ;)

riverislandtrousers.jpg

Again these are quite 1940s in style and are surprisingly from River Island, one of the tackiest UK high street shops! I think they are navy and made from wool but I haven't seen them in any of their shops yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari