Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Manicures

Antje

One Too Many
dgenevieve said:
AMEN. lol They always try to give me square nails! I've always done my nails as longer ovals, though I'll admit I'm a bit intimidated by the ultra-pointy dagger-like tips you see on some old movie stars. My sister did them like that once, though she found it unnerving trying to put in her contact lenses. ;) Her nails:

3223635149_541cd28dd5.jpg

Nice polish color, the shape of the nails in simalar to mine

dgenevieve

Familiar Face
I just got back from seeing 'Public Enemies' and the leading lady was wearing a vintage manicure in red, with the moons bare. So gorgeous. I feel like I'm seeing this manicure everywhere lately! ;)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inky said:
I have NO idea! I have a little folder on my desk top where I save stuff I find - who knows, it might have already been here - but it's cool and such a good example of many colors, I just wish I knew what year it really was!

*I* posted it! I think in this thread! GIVE ME THE CREDIT!! lol
It's from 1945. I believe I shipped those mags off to LD - or was it you, Inky? Four wartime magazines?

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
I was at a beauty supply the other day and they were having a blow out on nail buffers and the girl there said that nail polish will stay on longer if you smooth and buff nails before painting. So i tried it the other day for my sisters wedding reception party we had. I painted my nails on thursday and today (tuesday) they are still perfect. usually my nail polish doesn't last more then one day! i used OPI natural nail base coat, then 2 coats of Big Apple Red, then top coat and they still look great! I'm going to be doing this from here on out!

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Apologies if this was already covered, but when did the majority of people stop having the natural moons and just painting the whole nail? I'm guessing 40s or 50s judging by some movies I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn