Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage on The Sartorialist

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i think there's two problems here; the trousers are too short as you say, and the way the waistband of the jacket hits the front of the trousers looks a bit odd. i like the shoes. and it would be VERY howard hughes with a fedora.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Blogger, which hosts the Sartorialist, does not allow remote linking of images. Those of you who do see it here do so because the jpg url triggers the image already stored in your cache. If you want to show something there you have to provide a link to the actual post.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Ghos7a55assin said:
The Sartorialist Nov. 21, 2006

This vintage look is pretty fun, too:
Bike-man!
Vintbikenov.jpg

I'm jumping this guy afterschool and jackin' him for his sweater!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Ghos7a55assin said:
I love this look! I would get the pants a tad lower, just to cover the socks.
Hear hear. I would unbutton the collar button (or slap a tie on), shove the plastic bag somewhere off camera, and get rid of that awful pursy-lipped face.
Then again, maybe he just scored his month's supply of SweeTarts at Duane Reade's...

resortes805 said:
I'm jumping this guy afterschool and jackin' him for his sweater!
Just be careful. He might like it. :eek:

moustache

Practically Family
A wee bit earlier time...

Baron Kurtz said:
hmm, yes. The Sartorialist had a far superior bike man a number of months ago. he was wearing plus fours, leather brogues, and a big old wooly jumper. Far more stylish than that trendyboy.

bk

but here are my good friends from the UK,Ted and Stella Sedman.They help many charities by riding in their finery along with the period bicycles.
image_0018.jpg

Moustache

TopHatCat

New in Town
Baron Kurtz said:
hmm, yes. The Sartorialist had a far superior bike man a number of months ago. he was wearing plus fours, leather brogues, and a big old wooly jumper. Far more stylish than that trendyboy.

bk

Oddly enough, I think that bike man was the same guy (hence the headline "Vintage Bike Man is Back").

If you look back in his archives from 4/1/06-4/30/06, it contains the first photograph of this character.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
Do you really think his is vintage?

definately. the depth of the waist ribbing and the cross-over V neck say it's an original. they looked pretty much the same all through the 30s. i presume the dates were the year of graduation. i've seen quite a few with various years on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner