Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Phones

JEEP

Practically Family
Insired by the fantastic phones to be seen in this thread I decided to bid on this vintage (40s or 50s) bakelite phone.

Telefon01.jpg

I won it without much competition - it came in the mail today :)

I haven't tested it yet - but i suspect I will only be able to recieve calls on it.

/Jakob

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
JEEP said:
Telefon01.jpg

I haven't tested it yet - but i suspect I will only be able to recieve calls on it.

That's a nice looking one! Why only receive calls? Does your phone service not accept pulse dialing anymore, or is there something wrong with the phone so that it won't dial out?

D

DeaconKC

Well, it may not be an actual one from the 30s, but it works well and was only $6.
vintagephone003.jpg

vintagephone002.jpg

alphy27

One of the Regulars
DeaconKC said:
Well, it may not be an actual one from the 30s, but it works well and was only $6.
vintagephone003.jpg

I love that style phone. Makes me want to ring up Col. Klink and have a chat about that pesky Hogan.

Speedster

Practically Family
JEEP said:
Insired by the fantastic phones to be seen in this thread I decided to bid on this vintage (40s or 50s) bakelite phone.

Telefon01.jpg

/Jakob

Nice phone Jakob.

Not the same, but i got this one (just dug it from storage after seeing you phone). I think yours is older judging by the cloth covered cord. The cord on mine is plastic covered. Was in use until 10 years ago when my girlfriend (now wife) moved in with me. She didn't like the noise it made. It is quite loud.

IMG_1987.jpg

Have just tested it. I can both receive calls on it and i can make calls from it. So hopefully you should also be able to.

JEEP

Practically Family
Nice one Speedster :)

It looks to be quite simular to mine. Are you sure it's plastic? It's looks quite a lot like bakelite in the picture.

Nice to hear that it works - I hope min does as well.

/Jakob

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
IT'S ALIVE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAA HAHAHAHA!!!

I got the wires in the mail yesterday and saw them sitting on my coffee table when I got home from work... (My dear brother brought them in for me) and I got to work right away! I got tired and some what frustrated... The metal clip on the handset cord that hooks into the little screw in side the E-1 wasn't crimped right so, it wouldn't allow the whole cord into the handset... and I couldn't find the pliers for the life of me... so, went to bed.

Got early and located some pliers... then, it was go time! I finished hooking up the handset then, I started to figure out how I was getting a dial tone but, couldn’t dial out. I switched a few wires around, still no luck... then, I switched the green wire to where the yellow wire was and left the yellow wire un connected... There it was, the magic combination! HAHA Black to black, Red to red, and Green to Yellow... [huh] Sure, makes PERFECT Sense! lol

Any how, she's workin' better then my WE 302... much louder transmitter! I can hear people perfectly... in a "Tin Can" type of way... HAHA! Sounds like the 30's! lol

Here's a fun photo I took of the phone the other night, then, photoshopped a fun back ground and added some atmosphere!

Enjoy:

nightdesk2or7.jpg

Usin' it as my myspace background now... lol

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Forgotten Man said:

I got the wires in the mail yesterday and saw them sitting on my coffee table when I got home from work... (My dear brother brought them in for me) and I got to work right away! I got tired and some what frustrated... The metal clip on the handset cord that hooks into the little screw in side the E-1 wasn't crimped right so, it wouldn't allow the whole cord into the handset... and I couldn't find the pliers for the life of me... so, went to bed.

Got early and located some pliers... then, it was go time! I finished hooking up the handset then, I started to figure out how I was getting a dial tone but, couldn’t dial out. I switched a few wires around, still no luck... then, I switched the green wire to where the yellow wire was and left the yellow wire un connected... There it was, the magic combination! HAHA Black to black, Red to red, and Green to Yellow... [huh] Sure, makes PERFECT Sense! lol

Any how, she's workin' better then my WE 302... much louder transmitter! I can hear people perfectly... in a "Tin Can" type of way... HAHA! Sounds like the 30's! lol

Here's a fun photo I took of the phone the other night, then, photoshopped a fun back ground and added some atmosphere!

Enjoy:

nightdesk2or7.jpg

Very Nice Mr Ness:D :eusa_clap

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Forgotten Man said:
Enjoy:
nightdesk2or7.jpg

I love this! Would you mind if I stole it for my PC's desktop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy