Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I have loads, some better than others, some taken by professional photographers, others are snapshots.

retrogirls-195-1-1.jpg

pinup16.jpg

DSC_2597-1.jpg

bumperbang5-1-1.jpg

DSCN0849-1-1.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
So awfully nice to see you back, Darhling - you've been missed, I am sure.
(Oh how I love that shot with the umbrella :) )

Here's my go at the vintage - doesn't always have to be sepia, me thinks...

L1060071-1.jpg

RichardH

One of the Regulars
So awfully nice to see you back, Darhling - you've been missed, I am sure.
(Oh how I love that shot with the umbrella :) )

Here's my go at the vintage - doesn't always have to be sepia, me thinks...

L1060071-1.jpg

Tally-Ho Squadron Leader!
Where did you get that type B helmet & type D mask?

Splendid picture!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Sefton Clothing Co. UK made it.
The helmet is new - made to measure. The goggles are original. And the mask is made up from new and original pieces.
The guy to call is Stephen Silbum. Great guy to work with.
(PM me if you want contact info)

rjb1

Practically Family
The irregular edge which many photos from "The Golden Age" had was referred to as a "deckle edge".

They are somewhat hard to find, but if you look around and are lucky you can find scissors which cut that pattern, and so can produce actual photos that look proper for the Golden Age period. (This assumes that you develop film and print photos in the darkroom as they did at that time.)
I use that method a lot to produce photos for my reenacting unit and will post some as soon as I learn how to do that.

Gene

Practically Family
The irregular edge which many photos from "The Golden Age" had was referred to as a "deckle edge".

They are somewhat hard to find, but if you look around and are lucky you can find scissors which cut that pattern, and so can produce actual photos that look proper for the Golden Age period. (This assumes that you develop film and print photos in the darkroom as they did at that time.)
I use that method a lot to produce photos for my reenacting unit and will post some as soon as I learn how to do that.

Fabric scissors can cut in a zig-zag, so you cut the edges once, then offset the cut again for that irregular edge.

rjb1

Practically Family
"Fabric scissors can cut in a zig-zag, so you cut the edges once, then offset the cut again for that irregular edge."

That technique will result in approximation of the true deckle edge, but having the right scissors-blade shape will reproduce it exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran