Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

Bogie1943

Practically Family
LOL, nice one James, you had me for a second there, a split second mind you, lol. Thanks for the kind words, I was kinda going for a vintage magazine photo style with this one.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
BWbowtie-vi.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Car? Mine! '46 Plymouth.

I aged the photos in Photoshop 7.0

I have a few original photos from the period and I have studied them so I know just how to tint them and fade them.

Glad you liked!

Root.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Nice jalopy, Wildroot!
It even has a side-light.
Since I don't live near Monrovia, tell me more about this flivver.
What color is it? What's the engine? Does it have an original radio? Sorry, I'm drooling.

Wild Root

Gone Home
This Plymouth is a 1946 Special Deluxe four door sedan. The interior was redone and is very close to original. The dash retains its original painted wood grain dash. Has good chrome and has the original radio that is not working right now. Need it to work soon! Has the original heater that works well too!

Engine? Original flat head 6 which was rebuilt and runs like a champ! The car has dual spot lamps which are not hooked up. She’s a good daily driver and runs good. She’s still a 6 Volt and will stay that way.

She’s stock and I have no interest in changing that.

Root.

PS. Color? See for your self! Oh, and that's the original color as well.

Wild Root

Gone Home
You welcome! Any time friend. Ok, here is one that was taken WITH a 1930's box camera! I had Kodak black and white 120 film in it as well! So, this one is just as I had it processed and finished. No Photoshoping was done except for the white border. The sport aout fit I was wearing is 1940's vintage suit coat, pants, tie, shoes, and sun glasses are vintage! The radio is one in my collection wich works very well! Even the bottle of Orange Crush is original and still caped with the original soda still inside! So, every thing in this photo is vintage but me!

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
These were taken as I served a two year mission for my Church. This was taken in International Falls Minnesota. I'm standing by a 1939 Art deco band shell in a park. It was restored in 1999 to its original beauty.

Hope you like.

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21