Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
here's my attempt at photoshop doctoring:
11.04.04.gif

got any tips or hints for making it look more authentic?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ZOOM IN you have the rest to make it great!

Yes to make it more authentic..zoom in so I can see your beautiful face. It is a nice shot, but it is like you are in section 135 at the ball game, and I'm up in section 245!

:cry:

Lauren

hmmm... I suppose I will have to have someone snap another shot of me and try again. That one is nearly six years old and too pixelated when I zoom up farther. I'll post when I have my next photo :) Thanks for the hint!

Wild Root

Gone Home
JP, that photo looks like it was taken in the 50's!

Lauren, that is a cool photo of you on the Queen! To me, it's like a samp shot from the era! Sort of like you wanted a photo of the ship you're sailing on then a photo of you.

Root.

Lauren

To me, it's like a samp shot from the era! Sort of like you wanted a photo of the ship you're sailing on then a photo of you.

yeah, that's kind of what I was aiming for. I do need to get better photos of me in vintage (or vintage repros) but I plan to remedy that at the summit :)

You know, that shot was from the year they had the vintage expo on the queen mary... I remember now seeing you wandering around at the expos from time to time, most notably in 20's, I believe.

Wild Root

Gone Home
YEAH! That expo was swell! I wish they would have another one on the RMS Queen! That was a good show! Yes, I have been to most of the vintage expos and I have done the 20's look from time to time. My self, I love the early to late 30's and eraly 40's.

Any way, I hope to be at the Queen for the indy thing. Maybe Saturday night or something like that.

Take care,

Root.

Lauren

Any way, I hope to be at the Queen for the indy thing. Maybe Saturday night or something like that.

hmmm... the one day I won't be there, unfortunately. But I believe Daniel and I will be coming to see you sometime :)

Say hello to the ghosts for me.
I'm just hoping they don't say hello to me! :eek:

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
Hey Bogie, Love the photo, you really captured the feel. All the photos you guys have put up look great!! Im about to do some shots with my hubby and I in uniform on our '42 Willys Jeep. Will pop one up when we get out act together to do it.

D

Deleted member 259

swing1.jpg

Not quite vintage, but i felt left out from the picture posting, and I don't have any pics in my vintage threads yet...
Thats my boy and I before heading out to a New Years swing dance at Glen Echo's Spanish Ballroom.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, here are some photos of yours truly. I'm in one of my favorite suits. It's a true 1940's double breasted blue gray wool herringbone suit. The union tag in side has a copy write of 1939. So, it could be any year from 1939 to 1948. The hat is a late 30's or early 40's Mallory 20. I'm resting my arm on the driver side spot lamp of my 46 Plymouth.

Enjoy.

Root.

PS. If the link doesn’t work at first, hit the refresh button and it should work.

SuitandCar-vi.jpg

Suitandcar2-vi.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Looking good, Wild Root.
Nice combination of suit and car.
Heck, the suit is nice combination on its own.

Yours truly,
The Wolf

P.S. Great hat, by the way.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Thanks! That hat's one of my faves! Glad you like. I love Mallory's of the 30's and early 40's.

The tie is an original tie that I found at a vintage expo and it was never worn! It was a New Old Stock item when I got it. The pocket hanky I got after I bought the tie. So, it goes together very well I think. That's one of my favorite outfits!

Yeah, I try and dress up when I drive my Plymouth. She's my pride and joy!

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot