Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

Johnnysan

One Too Many
You are quite welcome!

I have always envied men of my father's generation who were graced by the presence of women who reveled in their femininity and understood the undeniable power of charm. Your self-confidence comes through in your photos and your smile is truely lovely!

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Now along with my tounge hanging out and my eyes bugging, picture me with my foot stomping uncontrolably like a puppy whose sweet spot is being scratched.

Kay, I must say....my dear....(excuse me while I catch my breath...) What a great work you are doing. I visited your ....websites...pant, pant, pant, what a great work, wat grate werk...truly amazing...I can die now...

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Yowza!

WolfWhistle.jpg
[/IMG]

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, I do believe a cold shower is in order for some of the gents here.

Some of the last photos were just a little on the strong side I feel. Things in this thread are getting too steamy seeing we started this thread by sharing photos of our vintage clothing hint, hint.

Best,
Root.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
The Lounge has certainly been blessed with all these beautiful ladies! It is getting pretty hot in here... :)

Brad

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Wild Root said:
Dan and Lauren, nice photos! You two are a nice match!

Dan, I don't want to offend you in any way, but I feel that you look sharper with out the facial hair. Just me though. The clothes and all are just perfect!

Lauren, you have a good look going on! You really do own the early 30's!

All the best,

Root.

Rob you think I'm prettier without the beard. In that case I'll shave it for you.... hon :p

I hope people aren't following our posts, this is the second time now.

Regarding the beard itself, I thought I needed to keep it for the final pickups of Treasure of the Templars, but I was able to shave it off a few days ago, since it will be back (and them some) by the end of Oct.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
A Friendly Reminder

We have young people and kids as members and have to make sure our content at The Fedora Lounge is appropriate for our younger viewers. I enjoy seeing beautiful women too, but let's keep it a G rating here.

Thank you for understanding.

Wild Root

Gone Home
MK said it better then I could. That's what I was driving at. We do have some very lovely ladies here and we are blessed with their presents. But I feel that a women's beauty goes deeper then the outer appearance as well. Modesty is a good thing. ;)

Root.

PS. Dan, so the beard is All for the good of the show? Well, I guess that's ok. :p

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Tayva--those are really lovely photos, just lovely. You look as if you've changed your look a bit--it's very nice!

Lauren--you and Daniel are a darling couple. Very cute photos!

I do agree with the last two posts regarding content. Our favorite eras were known for their overall classic allure, which is what sets them apart from most modern vamps of today and made them appropriate for a wide audience.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I agree as well.

And thanks, Jitterbugdoll! We have fun dressing up vintage for sure!

I found another picture on my computor of one of the dresses I made from a late 30's pattern taken with Art and Daniel at one of the vintage expos last year:
feb05expo4-vi.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh the good old days! I think most of us who know Art will miss him at the Expos! I know I will for sure. I wonder who will take over the Vintage Expo.

That's a great photo Lauren that was a nice day for photos.

Cheers,
Root.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Figures I have a beard in that pic too. That's when we were preparing to film last time. Geeze. I can't wait to permenantly get rid of this thing. (no offense to facial hair)

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Clark Gable in It happened one night removed his shirt revealing that he was wearing no undergarment. Undergarment sales immediately plummeted.

Images can be extraordinarly powerful on a society that is enraptured with iconclasm. Let us not make the same mistake of ignoring the power of images, not just in the name of protecting our youth, but in the name of protecting the youth of society. That is the golden era to me. A time when the individual was quite questionable, but society... the representation of the individual... was wholesome.

Kay O' Hara,

Thank you for keeping the soldier's morale up. It is a blessing to know someone supports these men who are fighting for freedom. How fitting that this should be September 11th.

Kindest Personal Regards,

Daniel Riser

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, does any one have any photos in their favorite vintage outfit they would like to share?

Root.

PS. I'm not against pin-up art on a whole; I just feel we should try keeping it G rated as MK said. ;)

Kay O'Hara

New in Town
hmmm, I feel obligated to respond..... I posted a total of 4 pics in this thread.... all 4 of the pics remain..... which feature authentic vintage clothing that came from my grama's closet and tailored to fit me. The pink shoes however are only about 40 years old.

I did notice that one of the gal's pics had been removed.... I just wanted to say that was not me.

Oh, and Daniel.... you're a gentleman... thank you!

Kay oxxo

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, I want to say that your photos are vintage. There were a few photos that were posted by another member who had some questionable content that have been removed by the guy in charge.

Carry on!

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy