• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Nathan Flowers, Apr 24, 2013.

1. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

Welcome aboard, Ro-Jim ( if I may call you that)!!

Now comes the hardest part. The W A I T.......
    But it's worth it, sir!

Roanoke Jim and FedOregon like this.
  2. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

;)

Roanoke Jim and FedOregon like this.
  3. Scooterz

Scooterz One of the Regulars

This is an old post from 2013, page 3 of this thread I think. Is this a VS hat? If so what is the name of that style? Thanks.

4. Looks like Arts ribbon work.

Roanoke Jim likes this.
  5. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

Just a fedora, pecan felt with steel ribbon and reddish highlight in the knot. Diamond bash on the crown. Maybe Art will chime in and say if there's a name attached to this one, or just a custom order that, clearly, he can recreate. Pecan is very versatile color.

Roanoke Jim likes this.
  6. Art Fawcett

Art Fawcett Sponsoring Affiliate

yes, this is one of mine but it has no name, simply a pecan fedora with diamond crease scooterz. I made at least 12 for Rabbit over the years, first class client.

7. emigran

emigran Practically Family

RELOCATING... Geez Loueez... good luck ..!!!

8. Art Fawcett

I know, I know, again!!!! Masochism anyone? It looks like I will shut down for about a week in January to make the move, assuming the electrician, painter, lighting, carpets ,,,,, all that is ready

FedOregon likes this.
  9. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

And a gorgeous fedora at that. Classic VS Work of Art.

10. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

I sure hate moving, Art. I hope this move goes as seamless as possible for you.

11. Scooterz

Scooterz One of the Regulars

Art maybe you should name that pecan hat "Justa" Fedora? It looks great I will have to search Rabbit's posts and see if there are more pics.

Redfokker and FedOregon like this.
  12. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

"justa" is kinda cool ;).

FedOregon and Redfokker like this.
  13. Art Fawcett

Justa works for me :)

KY Crusader and Redfokker like this.
  14. Happy and merry to you Mr. Fawcett.

FedOregon and tropicalbob like this.
  15. I see in his profile that it's Arts anniversary today of joining the lounge

Bigger Don and Redfokker like this.
  16. Well, Happy Anniversary then, Art!!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

RJR, Bigger Don and Redfokker like this.
  17. Art Fawcett

I hadn't noticed St,,, good catch. I feel like I've been here forever gents. I was invited by MK in Aug 2003 but had to wait until my father passed in November to actually join as I was traveling every other week from San Fran to Oregon to help care for him ( dementia) . Now, this is my extended family. This is the place I first asked if I should start making hats for the public, where my first design was posted and was sold out in 36 hours, the first taste of what could happen when you follow your dreams. Yes, I had always wanted to have a hat shop when I retired the first time, had collected ribbons and equipment for 15 yrs prior to retiring from my Masonry career, but until the Lounge came around it was only my dream, not reality. Now, I can barely remember those days, the transition from being known for my stonework to being known for my hats was so natural. Who knew? I owe my career to this great place. Nobody would have ever heard of me and my passion had it not been for the guys here and I have tried every day for the last 11 years to make my work worthy of the trust placed in me. Here's to another 13 years!!!!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  18. Nice backstory. Here's to you!

Rogera, Bigger Don and FedOregon like this.
  19. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Cheers, Art, and all the best.