Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Streetstyle Thread

BombshellBella

Familiar Face
I didn't see a thread like this so please feel free to merge...

Im not sure if a lot of you go on to streetstyle sites, but I think we should make a collection of modern women wearing vintage or vintage style outfits. We can also post pictures of what we wore today as well. Please credit the original source of photos:

59.jpg

Vogue.de

All from Styleclicker.net
080929-adele-at-dior-paris-jardin-des-tuileries-1.jpg

080929-adele-at-dior-paris-jardin-des-tuileries-2.jpg

080929-adele-at-dior-paris-jardin-des-tuileries-3.jpg

((She really needs to shine her shoes, lol)

080930-color-play-paris-jardin-des-tuileries.jpg

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Hel Looks is a nice streetstyle blog. I love to read the comments people make about themselves and their clothes.

20090208_06.jpg

Pia (35)
"I've bought my dress, shoes and bag in America, the jacket is from Nasta store and the beret from a thrift store.
I like the femininity of the 40's and the 50's, but also the men's style of those decades. I've liked this style since I was a kid, so it's natural to me. It's my lifestyle."

20090116_01.jpg

Maija (25) and Anna (27)
Maija: "I like vintage but also comfortable clothes like rubber boots. I don't like new clothes and their often plastic-like feeling. Old filmstars like Marlene Dietrich inspire me."
Anna: "I think people used to dress up more beautifully before. I would be happy if I could wear a pencil skirt every day. 30's Berlin, smoky speakeasies, fishnet stockings and boas inspire me."

20081207_04.jpg

Mimosa (18)
"All my clothes are second hand except the shirt which is from Gina Tricot.
I like feminine clothes. Lace is my new obsession and hats are a must. 50's movie stars and old-time glamour inspire my style. I don't like to wear modern clothes."

20081207_01.jpg

Sylvie (39)
"My jumpsuit is made by VintagEija's out of an original 50's fabric. I and Eija got the idea while browsing old magazines. My frames and ear rings are from the 50's, too.
I found my style over 20 years ago. I shop online, at parties and at VintagEija's."

20080903_01.jpg

Biene (27)
"I always wear red, black and white. I like to mix 50's style with bright colours. 50's clothes suit my body type. I'm vegan and therefore I never wear leather. I admire old film stars like Marlene Dietrich and theatricality of opera.
Indie music ie. outsiders' music inspires me. Norwegian band Kaizers Orchestra have a great style: tight-fitting black-and-red suits."

20080605_01.jpg

Alan (55)
"My style is 50's teddy boy. I haven't changed my style since 1965.
Clothes have to be tailor-made but it's very hard to find a good tailor these days. The cut and the quality is much better when the clothes are tailor-made. I was very lucky to find these original 50's shoes four years ago."

20080529_01.jpg

Fiona Timantti (25)
"I'm wearing a self-made skirt and a hat with a 40's vintage jacket, shirt and bag. My style is inspired by the 30's and the 40's.
I also like Tiia Vanhatapio's new collection and film noir."

20070616_01.jpg

Sari (40)
"I found my style when I was 13 years old. It began with music. I like vintage clothes from the 40's, the 50's and the 60's. I shop at my own store Nasta. My style is my lifestyle.
My favourite designer is Christian Dior. Marlene Dietrich is the most stylish person I know."

Goldfish

A-List Customer
20070324_02.jpg

Sara (20)
"I made this dress today, because I didn't know what to wear at tonight's Fag You club! It is made out of an old dog's blanket. The bag is from the wardrobe of the Finnish National Opera, the mink muff is second hand. The glamour of the Second World War's times and Dita von Teese inspire me.
I'm going to launch my first bag collection next summer."

20060930_02.jpg

Molla Mills (27)
"I'm wearing five meters of old drape. I used to have curtains made of this very same cloth in my bedroom for years.
The 40's inspires me again. And rock'n roll and old lovesongs which I listen to at work. Helsinki inspires me, too. I just moved in here. And crocheting, of course. There's always a crochet hook and a ball of wool in my bag!"

20060422_02.jpg

Kirsi (25)
"I'm wearing a birthday cake hat because it's the 1st Anniversary of La Persé! Hat is self made, jacket and scarf Moschino, skirt second hand, shoes and bag Vivienne Westwood. In fashion: theme parties. I would like to have a sophisticated nude party in 20's style. Dress code: pearls and pumps."

20051119_06.jpg

Ira (29)
"I'm crazy about tattoos. I took my first tattoo ten years ago and now about half of my body is tattooed. 50's style is really important for me – it's me, my Pontiac and my tulle skirt! Music and cars have always been a big thing in my family. In my style I like contrasts, like tattoos mixed with femininity."

20051029_01.jpg

Sylvie (36)
"I've had this style for 18 years now. I usually shop abroad. My shoes and bag are from Berlin, coat and jumper from USA and skirt from Great Britain. It's nice that 50's has come into fashion: It's easier to find new clothes in my style and I can save my precious vintage pieces. I've got a nice collection of 50's dresses, bags and shoes. On working days my style is classy modern."

20050924_02.jpg

Molla Mills (26)
"I like vintage clothes with a shade of fetisism and military-feminine styles. I adore pretty women of yore. I make most of my clothes myself. I completed this jacket 1 am last night."

20050910_11.jpg

Kirsi (25)
"There's a firm basic idea in my style. I like strong characters from 40's and 50's: cowgirls, pin up girls and nurses."
"I design latex clothes. I want to give latex more street credibility."

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm liking the red stockings with red shoes a couple of these gals are rocking. I think I'll do something similar...if I can find red stockings!

The Shirt

Practically Family
I'm noticing that the accessories really make these outfits sing. I need to pay more attention to completing my look I think. I get close, but then I run out the door with lack of time. Thanks for sharing this - as this is ideally how I have always wanted my look to be everyday. I need to remember to finish!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I don't like many of these styles, but I do like that the ladies are making an effort to be creative and well groomed. Enough with the frumpety shlumpety jeans and hoodies uniform!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Goldfish, thanks for picking out and posting those lovely retro-looking pics from Hel Looks! I took a quick peek at the site and didn't like the majority of outfits, so I'm grateful you selected such inspiring ones! This girl makes me daydream:

20090208_06.jpg

Mary

Practically Family
Oh, I had forgotten her! She has a bit of that pink 30's make-up that Garbo has.
They looks so good in that dark hair. I don't what to be a blonde anymore, even if we have more fun.

laurakitty

Familiar Face
I love these girls. This is more how I wear my vintage- vintage with a twist. I'm really interested in seeing how everyone of this forum puts together their outfits, but girls rarely post in the "what are you wearing?" thread (I wouldn't feel comfortable posting in it either as most of them men seem like complete purists, which I am not). I'd love if anyone wanted to add their own photos to this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner