Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage style short sleeve button ups

Captain

New in Town
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering where you guys get your vintage style short sleeve shirts from? When the weather gets hot I can't get away with a long sleeve too often (although whenever possible I wear one and roll up the sleeves) so I'm on the look out for some shirt sleeve shirts. All I can really find are modern looking ones without the class or style of the older days, or cowboy shirts. Any help?

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What about a Polo Shirt? I personally like if they have a self fabric collar instead of the usual knit collar.

Or buy made to measure shirts (Natty or Luxire are sponsors here and seem to do a good job)

PS: I just remebered that I saw some "popover" shirts which have a short placket like a polo shirt but are made of normal, non stretchy fabric. I think the could be an interesting alternative. Ralph Lauren seems to make them regulary but I am sure Luxire and Natty are also able to do them.

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

Bump because I found some popover shirts at different places this season. I think this style makes short sleeved shirts far better looking and less geeky.
First one is actually Luxire but places like J.Crew, ERalph lauren, gap or H&M also carry versions of this style.
tumblr_n6j5s5eDsY1spx5p5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n6gd4ee3301sc4lm0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_louit3bykA1qdt1yc.jpg

tumblr_mn8d8z3Zfv1qdxoa9o8_500.jpg

itsbruce

Familiar Face
Ted Baker do good shirts with a classic look, both short sleeve shirts and "roll sleeve" shirts (shirts with a button on the outside of the upper arm and a tab on the inner side, which can be used to hitch up the sleeve).

Mr black

Familiar Face
Where is the penultimate shirt from? Would assume Gap from the 1969 stamp but can't see anything like that on their site (UK version)

Flat Foot Floey

I just searched pictures on tumblr with the term "popover" but I guess it's really from GAP. Might be from an older season...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner