Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Wedding Hair & Traditions?

MissJeanavive

One of the Regulars
Hello,

Please send me any threads that may exist regarding vintage wedding traditions and hair ideas...I did a search but couldn't find anything...

Looking for 1940's bridal hair ideas for my wedding in February...thought some you may have pictures bookmarked already....

Cheers,

MissJeanavive

One of the Regulars
Thank you, yes, I saw that the wax flowers were very popular or sure.

Miss 1929 is going to loan me the lucky veil that many of the Bay Area girls have used...its so beautiful and it looks to be the color of my dress.

My prior make-up, hair instructor from back when I did model / film work is going to do my hair at no charge so I need to give her some good printable images for the inspiration...front-up, length down is the goal...thanks much.

Dress: is a 1943 ivory gown, originally purchased at I Magnin - SF, cathedral trail but I have had it tailored a bit to a manageable length (debated back and forth about keeping full length but too late now...).

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
From my research for my own wedding, it seems like quite a few women went with a middle part style, softly curled at the bottom - very pretty and feminine. I think that the more elaborate top-heavy hairstyles were not as popular, due to the veil/crown/wreath toppers that most women wore - elaborate hairdos would not accommodate those very well. Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding, so exciting!

MissJeanavive

One of the Regulars
*he*he* I was wondering if I still get to be Miss Jeanavive even after wed, but I see lots of girls continue that...

I was trying to research traditional ways of 'greetings' once married, using the surname, I remember the 'Ghost and Mrs Muir'...there was an interesting introductions in one of the scenes that I need to look-up...

I know some folks keep both names...

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a 1946 Vogue Book of Etiquette, complete with the military wedding info and all that good stuff!
will bring it along with the Veil. I always capitalize the Veil as it has taken on a life of its own, it's been worn by many lovely brides!

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
MissJeanavive said:
*he*he* I was wondering if I still get to be Miss Jeanavive even after wed, but I see lots of girls continue that...

I was trying to research traditional ways of 'greetings' once married, using the surname, I remember the 'Ghost and Mrs Muir'...there was an interesting introductions in one of the scenes that I need to look-up...

I know some folks keep both names...

Oh yes, I can't bear to part with "Miss Jess" - acquaintances also mentioned that they would continue to address me as such, even after my marriage. I guess it's stuck for life!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss Jess said:
Oh yes, I can't bear to part with "Miss Jess" - acquaintances also mentioned that they would continue to address me as such, even after my marriage. I guess it's stuck for life!

How bout Ms. Jess?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo