Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visited Alan at Johnson Leathers today

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm a baseball purist. I don't like the whole wild card thang. What's the point of winning the pennant if some team that gets hot at the end of the year takes the best three of five or whatever? They've always said that games in April count like those in September, but I don't think that's strictly true anymore. I do suppose it's good to keep up the interest in more cities, as long as they don't go too far.

P.S. I worked in the Dodger front office for thirty-four years which may have colored my view.
P.P.S. No one is a bigger JL or Alan fan than me. I'll post about an alteration when I get off my ass.
P.P.P.S. I attached the photo the new way. There's a big border thingy, but it sure is faster.

Nice!

I'm more of an Oakland A's fan, but there's no doubt San Francisco is a beautiful city rich with history. And I have a soft spot for LA, but that's not to be discussed in the Bay Area!

Last edited:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alan might line my Score police jacket with Alligator or barbed wire when he sees this
(I'll take it down if you'd like- I asked your partner if I could take the picture, but forgot
to ask you if I could post it) I gotta show you guys what he showed me- a custom Louisiana
gator jacket. It's a brighter blue in life. This isn't for anyone here, though I guess you guys
are keeping him pretty busy.
IMG_1971.JPG

Mark Ricketts

One of the Regulars
If you like watches, have a look at the work by Roger W Smith, working in the Isle of Man. His work is on a completely different level to anything else I have seen. Well over and above Rolex in both passion and price.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If you like watches, have a look at the work by Roger W Smith, working in the Isle of Man. His work is on a completely different level to anything else I have seen. Well over and above Rolex in both passion and price.

I deleted my earlier post since it seemed too far removed from earlier comments regarding horological stuff. Being unfamiliar with Roger W Smith on the Isle of Man, I googled his info, and it appears there might be striking similarities between him and Roland G Murphy, originator of the RGM Watch Company located in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania. I suspect that more than just a few of us also have an interest in watches as well as jackets. I think that Technovox is correct in saying that vintage Rolex would generally relate to models with non-sapphire crystals but would not want to get into a heated debate about that , especially right now! :D No wish to hijack this thread with watches and will close by saying everthing I have heard about JL and Alan is top notch and will definitely plan to cruise by if I am ever in the SF Bay area again and can talk jackets and watches. Maybe even order a JL jacket too.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
In the City tonight. Walked about 3 miles using the iphone maps for walking, and not only did I get lost, but the store is closed. Great exercise though.

feltfan

I was in Johnson again yesterday. Yes, new custom. Yes, you'll get to see it when it's done (second half of June). While there, Allan mentioned that I'd posted the blue 'gator jacket you see above in this thread. He said the customer always gets what he or she asks for, and that customer wanted a jacket rough at the edges. He showed me the jacket below, which is a truly fine jacket, the kind that was so cool in person I actually wanted one... till I heard how much such a jacket costs. But feast your eyes on this- the carefully matched and positioned pieces and the fine finish work. Amazing.
IMG_0723.JPG
IMG_0724.JPG

BobJ

Practically Family
I was in Johnson again yesterday. Yes, new custom. Yes, you'll get to see it when it's done (second half of June). While there, Allan mentioned that I'd posted the blue 'gator jacket you see above in this thread. He said the customer always gets what he or she asks for, and that customer wanted a jacket rough at the edges. He showed me the jacket below, which is a truly fine jacket, the kind that was so cool in person I actually wanted one... till I heard how much such a jacket costs. But feast your eyes on this- the carefully matched and positioned pieces and the fine finish work. Amazing.
View attachment 72824 View attachment 72825
Wow! It takes a boatload of inner swagger to pull that off.

red devil

View attachment 72824 View attachment 72825

I would have liked to see that one live!

feltfan

How much did it cost? Burberry offered a similar one for the bargain price of 95k.
I don't recall exactly, but it's complicated- the customer supplied the hide (and, as I recall, shot it himself).
I think it was around $10K. More than I usually spend on an item of clothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR