Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: vintage 7 5/8 PLEASE!!!

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Playboy

It would not be proper to offer for sale anything from this forum. Get your post up to #15 and I believe at that point you can PM me.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to Art Fawcett.

Maj.Nick Danger said:
Over the last three years I have only ever found 3 size 7-5/8 hats in all my travels. 2 of which were military, and 1 fedora of fairly recent vintage that I didn't much care for so I sold it.
So it seems that finding one is a once in a year phenomenon.

Maj. Danger, Sir! (salute)

It depends on what you are looking for (or not looking for in some cases).

In the past year I have found the Mallory, a Stetson Continental, a Royal Deluxe Stetson, a Biltmore, a Borsalino Alessandiai, a Borsalino Como, and a Borsalino San Remo in 7 5/8 on OFAS.

I also found a Wormser, 2 Adams, another Mallory, a Champ, and 2 Open Roads in 7 1/2.

I have some other Fedoras in smaller sizes that were relatively inexpensive on OFAS. Most were BIN items.

In Western hats, I found a Biltmore, a Stetson Grant, a Stetson Stallion, and a Stetson Bronco in 7 5/8. Western hats are generally less expensive than fedoras but not always.

Some of these hats I actively searched for and some I stumbled across. One thing is certain, if I hadn't joined the Fedora Lounge and learned a lot here, I would never have known what I was looking at even when I was looking at a real beauty.

Thanks to Art Fawcett for encouraging me to sign up! :cheers1:

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
#15... coming right up!

Understood! I'll work on these post numbers, in between OFAS checks (two items I'm trying for) and waking my son from his nap that's running too long:)

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Post #12

OK, here's post #12. I don't suppose this really falls within the rules, does it?:rolleyes: Does anybody know if there was a Dobbs model named the Regency? I did a search, and the only result I came up with was the color of an Akubra model.

deelovely

Practically Family
airforceindy said:
Understood! I'll work on these post numbers, in between OFAS checks (two items I'm trying for) and waking my son from his nap that's running too long:)
4 more posts to go! I'll help you out... how old is your son? Hope he sleeps well tonight after having a long nap...;)

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
3 to go...

He's 15 mos. he already gets a kick out of trouncing all my other things, so he'll have a ball with my hats once they start arriving! But, what are you gonna do?[huh] ;) This was his only nap today, so he should be ready to go down at his usual 9 pm. How old are your girls? Are they into the hat thing as much as you and Indycop?

Spellflower

Practically Family
feltfan said:
The hat jack is fine for minor adjustments or to prevent a hat from
shrinking, but not for resizing.

Feltfan, what kind of hat jack do you reccomend for minor adjustments? My Federation is feeling a bit snug lately, and I'd like to get it back to the comfortable 59 that it was a few months ago. What kind of device should I look for, and what should I stay away from?

deelovely

Practically Family
airforceindy said:
He's 15 mos. he already gets a kick out of trouncing all my other things, so he'll have a ball with my hats once they start arriving! But, what are you gonna do?[huh] ;) This was his only nap today, so he should be ready to go down at his usual 9 pm. How old are your girls? Are they into the hat thing as much as you and Indycop?
They are 7 and 10. And they really are starting to get into the hats. The 10 year old is trying to take over my black Champ...:rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

jpdesign

Vendor
I have a brown Cavanagh homburg that I am going to put on my site in the next few days. It is a tight 7 5/8 - lose 7 1/2.

Here is my son in his hat. I have since made him a new one, will post soon
b1.jpg

Jimmy

indycop

I'll Lock Up
airforceindy said:
Here's one of me and my munchkin, right after I got back from a 5-month TDY to Honduras. Cute critter, ain't he?:D
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2085/1733280166_37ad1c2824.jpg?v=0

My first hat (I should say the first one to make it into my hands), the Bailey my wife bought me in Vegas. It's wool, not the greatest fit, but I wear it cause she likes it on me:eek: Besides, what else am I gonna wear besides my Red Sox cap until my other 'first hats' get here?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2147/1986665903_1e38cd9777.jpg?v=0

Regards, Andy
I see you have 15 now!:eusa_clap
Now lets get you an avatar!

airforceindy

One of the Regulars

OK, first milestone, right? 15 posts, on my way to 30 fifillion-gagillion... whatever:rolleyes:

Did somebody here pick up that Dobbs Hunter Mt. today on eBay? I got cut out of in the last 5 seconds by $.99:rage: Oh, well, maybe next time.

Regards, Andy

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Thanks, he was a monkey for halloween. Come to think of it, he's a monkey anyway!lol And, oddly enough as I take up the hat hobby, he HATES hats! At least on himself; he also has taken to trouncing on my Bailey if it's in arms reach[huh]

indycop

I'll Lock Up
airforceindy said:
Thanks, he was a monkey for halloween. Come to think of it, he's a monkey anyway!lol And, oddly enough as I take up the hat hobby, he HATES hats! At least on himself; he also has taken to trouncing on my Bailey if it's in arms reach[huh]
hahaha!lol lol

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Spellflower said:
Feltfan, what kind of hat jack do you reccomend for minor adjustments? My Federation is feeling a bit snug lately, and I'd like to get it back to the comfortable 59 that it was a few months ago. What kind of device should I look for, and what should I stay away from?

Actually, I don't even own a hat jack.
I do all my adjustment with a real hat stretcher.

Someone with extensive experience with a hat
jack can correct me, but it seems to me that
a real hat stretcher is alway better if you have one.

A LOT of them come up on OFAS. You can find a deal
if you look. Check out the link on my previous post
in this thread. You want something that looks like a full
crown hat block, but spreads. It need not heat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou