Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Warhorse & Reproductions of History, how good are they?

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Hello,

What does everyone think of Warhorse & Reproductions of History in England? So far they seem to have the best brown low quarter dress shoes I have seen for the price, just wanted to know what their reputation was since they are so far away. Thanks, I bet someone can tell I want some low quarter dress shoes lol

Cobden

Practically Family
Their rep is mixed; some of their stuff is good, but the waiting times and customer service are appalling. And when I say appalling, I mean there are people who have been waiting three years for items (and still haven't received them). Their are better and more reliable suppliers out there, so personally I'd say avoid

cco23i

A-List Customer
Dodd,
Have you tried Bates shoes? They make the new brown low quarters for the Navy and they look good.

Scott

filfoster

One Too Many
Warhorse didn't finish

I had some email communication with the man (I believe it is operated by a couple) about two officer uniforms a couple of years ago. I gave him the go-ahead and never, ever heard from him again, despite repeated emails.
As for the shoes, What Price Glory? would be safe.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Example of customer service:

Me: Can I try one of your WAC jackets on please?

Them: *shrug*

Me: Thank you....:rolleyes: Oh the sleeves are a little short, do you do it in a longer sleeve or is there enough fabric to let down?

Them: *shrug* dunno...most women don't have arms that long...

Me::eek: Ok, bye!

cco23i

A-List Customer
As I asked before, have you checked with Bates online? Their shoes are period correct (the ones they make for the Navy) Plus very well built and less than Dehner.

Scott

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Example of customer service:

Me: Can I try one of your WAC jackets on please?

Them: *shrug*

Me: Thank you....:rolleyes: Oh the sleeves are a little short, do you do it in a longer sleeve or is there enough fabric to let down?

Them: *shrug* dunno...most women don't have arms that long...

Me::eek: Ok, bye!

I know what your talking about.:rolleyes: Looks like they need to work on their customer service (and honesty maybe?).

Mudge

New in Town
Trust me, you don't want to go near Warhorse or Sutlers. I've dealt with both.
NIGHTMARE. Avoid them like the plague!:mad:
I tried to order a WWII WAVE Nurse uni, for my wife, from Warhorse. Got the old..."We'll get to it pretty soon. It won't be much longer." Got that for about 5 months and finally cancelled the order. The one good thing about it was the fact that they don't charge your CC until the order is complete. UNLIKE Sutlers.
I ordered WWII USAAF officer's tunic from Sutlers and my CC was charged within hours of the order being placed. Got a worse runaround than Warhorse. I emailed and phoned. No attempt to return email or phone call. Took me 3 months to get a refund and had to have my CC company go after them.:rage:

Mudge the experienced

AlanG

New in Town
Warhorse

Just about to post an order to Warhorse when I came across this forum.
Looks like it may have saved me a bob or two.
I was hoping to obtain some RAF Kings Crown buttons and Flight sergeants crown.
Anyone any ideas of other suppliers?

AlanG

Warden

One Too Many
Have also heard bad things about Warhorse.

Did purchase a uniform from them which took about 6 months to come. I am pleased with it other than the side cap which was totally wrong, but gave up complaining. Just grateful I had the uniform.

Tend only to buy face to face now as there are not many traders who have good reputations.

Harry

AlanG

New in Town
Edward said:
Alan, I always go straight to eBay first for little bits like buttons...

Not sure if they have what you're after, but try www.sofmilitary.co.uk - I've bought from them before, and they do good stuff.

Edward. Many thanks. Found some large RAF buttons and Flight Sergeants Crowns on e.bay. Only place I have found the small RAF buttons unfortunately is Warhorse.

AlanG

New in Town
Kitty_Sheridan said:
How small alan? Don't part with your cash...they have black plastic RAF buttons listed as bloody ATA!
Tell me what size and how many you need,
Kate

I gave up looking for small buttons and decided to try Warhorse (what the hell). Surprise, surprise, they came up with the goods withing 7 days of order. Even had a tel call from a very nice lady saying that I had put the wrong name on my cheque, sorted immediatly with C.C.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass