Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We need to PADDYize this section

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
For a man into fatigues...

... he is indefatigable.

He's doing a great job with his stickies - which seems somehow like the wrong word. Apendices, maybe?

Siirous

One of the Regulars
Notice how he links the photos to a Yahoo hosting site.

Would be nice to one sticky post for hat photos, with links inside to each brand.

Dedicate one group of photos to Borsalino, one to Stetson, Dobbs, etc.

Lets face it, if we just have a random assortment of hats not organized by brand or year or something it'll be hard to look through!

All in all a good idea.

Feraud

Bartender
Marc Chevalier said:
It's time build a few. :)
It sure is!
With the exception of the photos sticky what other topics do we want and whom do we speak to about it?
I would not seeing short histories of hat manufacturers, the hatting process, vintage photos of men in hats, etc.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The possibilities are endless, because lots of links TO different "museums" can be given from one single thread post.

In other words, we wouldn't need to have lots of sticky thread titles crowding up the top of the "Hats" page. All we need are two or three main sticky threads (general subject headings) with lots of categorized links listed on a post inside of them. Click on the link that interests you, and the "museum" appears. Click on a photo of a hat there, and even more photos of that hat (and descriptions of it) appear. At least, that's how Paddy's jacket museum works.

S

Samsa

Marc Chevalier said:
Don't you think we should do the same thing here? Have stickies with "museums" or "galleries" of hat images? Photos and old advertisements? We could have "museums" for vintage hats, modern hats ...

This is a great idea! Sounds like a lot of work, but I'm sure it would be worth it.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Matt Deckard said:
Send me your suit pics

I'll do so, but not for this section. Actually, I'll send direct links to past FL posts that still contain my suit pics. How about my tie pics? My shoe pics? My catalog pics? My hat pics (don't have many of those, but what the heck)? Just let me know.

But Matt, if you want me (and others, I assume) to make the effort of sending pics ... then please do make the effort of creating sticky threads and galleries for them. Otherwise, it will just be a waste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy