Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wen Hair Cleansing Cream

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
There are some posts in the Oil Cleansing Method thread by gals who cleanse with conditioner only. You can do it with a lot of conditioners and don't have to buy the expensive Wen system. Also, I hear Sally Beauty makes a Wen knockoff.

Inky

One Too Many
KittyT said:
There are some posts in the Oil Cleansing Method thread by gals who cleanse with conditioner only. You can do it with a lot of conditioners and don't have to buy the expensive Wen system. Also, I hear Sally Beauty makes a Wen knockoff.

oh thanks for this - i want to try the WEN but it's just too pricey - i'll check Sally's!

here it is - several formulas

http://www.sallybeauty.com/cleansing-conditioner/SBS-737102,default,pd.html

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
CherryRed, how does the Wen do cleaning product out of hair? I've heard other people comment that they really like the Wen system and am contemplating getting the generic knock-off.

KittyT said:
CherryRed, how does the Wen do cleaning product out of hair? I've heard other people comment that they really like the Wen system and am contemplating getting the generic knock-off.

I have NO complaints on cleaning. My hair comes out squeaky clean. Also if you use their system there is also a styling cream that is incredible. I really need no additional styling products. I have in the past used everything from Frizz-ease to mouse, hairspray etc. My hair was always clumpy and still had flyaways.
This stuff really transforms your hair! There is an intese treatment you can do every 2 weeks. I have only done that once so far.

I will have to try the Sally's and see if it compares, otherwise I will stick with the Wen. The price is worth it for me to have my hair in such better condition now.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Cherry Red,

I have a question for you. I am wanting to try this, but I avoid certain ingredients in my hair products....

any way you can type out the ingredients lists on the major components of the system?

I would <3 you forever!

Sure thing Miss N!

Sweet Almond Mint Cleaning Conditioner:
Water,Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Matricaria Flower Extract,
Wild Cherry Bark Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sweet Almond Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Metnthol, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Limonene,
Hexylcinnamal

Sweet Almond Mint Styling Creme:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Sweet Almond Seed Extract, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Limonene

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
I really am interested in buying some... but I need to know if it leaves any product build-up. I'm an Aveda stylist and we have some of the best mostly natural products out there. I've used damage and dry remedy and rotated it but it never seem to do enough. I have thick semi-coarse hair that's prone to dryness, if I basically don't soak it in olive oil every two weeks. I'm thinking about getting some Wen and seeing what all the rave is about....

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
CherryRed said:
Sure thing Miss N!

Sweet Almond Mint Cleaning Conditioner:
Water,Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Matricaria Flower Extract,
Wild Cherry Bark Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sweet Almond Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Metnthol, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Limonene,
Hexylcinnamal

Sweet Almond Mint Styling Creme:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Sweet Almond Seed Extract, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Limonene

Oooh thank you..

Not keen on the -cones in it...but they are low on the list, so worth trying perhaps....

My mother was set to buy it for me the other day....so maybe I will let her.....hehehe

Inky said:
cherry - where do you order your Wen (in case the cheaper sally's version is bad I will try Wen).

I got mine from their website.(link in my first post) The trial is a good deal. You get a money back refund if you don't like it, even if your bottles are empty. Then you can schedule how often you get it sent to you and what products you get. For example I was set to get 2 bottles of the cleanser, 1 of the styling cream and 1 of the intense treatment. I had them change it to 2 of the styling cream and none of the intense. Plus if you are like me and don't wash your hair daily it will last longer. I find my hair gets less oily and dirty between washings also.
I know QVC has it also but not sure how their price compares and the products may be slightly different.

Jezebel_Amazon said:
I really am interested in buying some... but I need to know if it leaves any product build-up. I'm an Aveda stylist and we have some of the best mostly natural products out there. I've used damage and dry remedy and rotated it but it never seem to do enough. I have thick semi-coarse hair that's prone to dryness, if I basically don't soak it in olive oil every two weeks. I'm thinking about getting some Wen and seeing what all the rave is about....

I haven't noticed any build up. My hair is a lot smoother and a lot less dry. It has really made me see how stripped my hair was from regular shampoo. I have used about every dry/damaged hair or fizzy hair shampoo around and never saw a difference.

crwritt

One Too Many
MarieAnne said:
I just found this great article. I will be picking up some Suave or VO5 Conditioner tonight. I can't wait to try it out.

Many people on the Naturally curly boards swear by Suave Coconut as a Conditioner only wash. The first time you do this, shampoo with a shampoo
containing sulfates, in order to remove any buildup from silicones you may have been using, then proceed to use the conditioners in place of shampoo.
Another very nice one for cowashing is the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner in the dark green bottle. No 'cones in it!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
crwritt said:
Many people on the Naturally curly boards swear by Suave Coconut as a Conditioner only wash. The first time you do this, shampoo with a shampoo
containing sulfates, in order to remove any buildup from silicones you may have been using, then proceed to use the conditioners in place of shampoo.
Another very nice one for cowashing is the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner in the dark green bottle. No 'cones in it!

Do you know of any other options for co-washing made by companies that don't engage in animal testing?

crwritt

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Do you know of any other options for co-washing made by companies that don't engage in animal testing?
Yes to Carrots is one, and any of the Trader Joes or Whole Foods store brands,
just be sure to read the label, and see that there are no 'cones or sulfates in there ( amodimethicone, dimethicone, sodium laurel or laureth sulfate, the list goes on..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24