Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Mm25

One Too Many
It's hard to search a Resistol Hi-7 (Mn25 have not confirmed the model name yet) on ebay. I only spotted 2 over a long time, one was my head size and the other a bit big and both went stratospheric.
Joao,
It is a Resistol HI 75. At first I didn't recognize that as the model, thought it might have a cooler name, like "The Big Joao" or something, at least that's what I'm calling it. I found some 5 x versions online, but didn't see any 7 xs. Didn't check ebay.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
It's hard to search a Resistol Hi-7 (Mn25 have not confirmed the model name yet) on ebay. I only spotted 2 over a long time, one was my head size and the other a bit big and both went stratospheric.

I checked eBay , and only saw 4 HI-7 Resistols , all straws . That was made for you Joao ! The Big Joao by Resistol , its catchy . Boy Joe , I've never heard of a HI-75 , but I like it . What a find !

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
It is indeed a Hi-7 5.
Saw this one on ebay 2 years ago
This model is probably the Resistol model to "counter" Stetson's Big Country.

resistolhi75a.jpg

resistolhi75b.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao,
It is a Resistol HI 75. At first I didn't recognize that as the model, thought it might have a cooler name, like "The Big Joao" or something, at least that's what I'm calling it. I found some 5 x versions online, but didn't see any 7 xs. Didn't check ebay.
I checked eBay , and only saw 4 HI-7 Resistols , all straws . That was made for you Joao ! The Big Joao by Resistol , its catchy . Boy Joe , I've never heard of a HI-75 , but I like it . What a find !
I can only rely on ebay. Were did you get this one?
No the model name is really HI-7 5.
I think I've seen also straw versions.
"The Big Joao" by Resistol :D

Really cool. Been around horsehair cinches, used horsehair reins with a bosal, but can't imagine an actual lariat made of horsehair. You'd need to use gloves all the time, and be careful what you roped with it. It's just prickly as hell. If you caught a moving animal with it, I bet that would be the worst rope burn ever.
Yeh.......I have played with them and the ropes are very prickly......not as much so for the animals you use it on....I actually did use not only regular leather gloves but actual gauntlets when I got serious about using it.......looking at a lot of 19th century photo's, gauntlets are everywhere amoung the cowhands....obviously for good reason.
M
PS.....don't ever think you can soften them up with lotion or hair conditioner........I tried.....makes them soft alright.......to the point the hairs let go of each other and the rope comes apart in you hands.....:eek:.......anouther lesson learned the hard way..........;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21