Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
A BR "30"! Those are nice felts.

Been wanting a black long hair but no luck.
With a 3 1/2" brim I would be out, it's 4" or nothing.
Never owned a Bailey's.

Expand your mind Joao , I've come to like 3 1/2" Brims (not all the time). But I've got a Stetson Grizzly 4X I'll give you , 3 3/4" Brim , kind of a camel color .

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
I got lucky and found a pair of vintage American hat co. Grizzlies for sale from a lady who had them stored away. Got a black and a tan belly. I can tell they both got a refurbish job on them because of the liners and sweatbands. The tan belly had the brim cut but it's uneven I'm looking to get it trued up (3.75"). The black has a 4". They're both tall crowns. Left picture is what it looked like, right is after I worked it a bit. I'm currently sewing up a red wide ribbon band for it instead of the black.

A BR "30"! Those are nice felts.

Been wanting a black long hair but no luck.
With a 3 1/2" brim I would be out, it's 4" or nothing.
Never owned a Bailey's.

9f8da5b2d6f51ec5d77d7306018671f5.jpg
bdc4cfe2acf5a58014f793cfb07c36f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I got lucky and found a pair of vintage American hat co. Grizzlies for sale from a lady who had them stored away. Got a black and a tan belly. I can tell they both got a refurbish job on them because of the liners and sweatbands. The tan belly had the brim cut but it's uneven I'm looking to get it trued up (3.75"). The black has a 4". They're both tall crowns. Left picture is what it looked like, right is after I worked it a bit. I'm currently sewing up a red wide ribbon band for it instead of the black.
I like the before and the after. Red ribbon? It's a must see!
I have a silverbelly, a gray, a dark brown, a kind of rust color and a light brown.

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
Thanks all for the compliments!

Joao. I have the black, the tan belly, and a silver belly. I had another silverbelly and a chocolate made by beaver brand hats, but I sold them because I had too many hats at the time and these were of lesser quality, and let's admit it they were as furry as the Americans.

I like the before and the after. Red ribbon? It's a must see!
I have a silverbelly, a gray, a dark brown, a kind of rust color and a light brown.

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
Thanks all for the compliments!

Joao. I have the black, the tan belly, and a silver belly. I had another silverbelly and a chocolate made by beaver brand hats, but I sold them because I had too many hats at the time and these were of lesser quality, and let's admit it they were'nt as furry as the Americans.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Arrived home this evening and a big box awaited. A navy blue Stagecoach bought at eBay.

I didn't like the crease so a quick dunk in the shower and block back to open crown.

I'm liking this crease a lot more.

659c78549801ea9281d1eedf6b967374.jpg

190656ab4cd4050321b0d5067268504e.jpg

Still a bit of cleaning up and shaping needed, but I think it will be a nice hat.

Cheers! David
Arrived home this evening and a big box awaited. A navy blue Stagecoach bought at eBay.

I didn't like the crease so a quick dunk in the shower and block back to open crown.

Still a bit of cleaning up and shaping needed, but I think it will be a nice hat.

Cheers! David
Great looking stage coach! The color with subdued ribbon is stunning. One of the best looking stagecoaches I have seen. I'm still looking for that perfect stagecoach. I have several nice vintage resistols but no stagecoach yet!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

Cheers! David

Looks Great David ! Congratulations .

Latigo

Familiar Face
Some very nice hats posted gents! Been away for awhile and last I remember we were talking about crown heights and brim widths. It occurs to me that without a reference as to the curl of the brim I can't get the jest of it right as to what brim width you gents really like. For instance here's a pic of a hat off ebay that if the link works you'll see has a almost flat brim with very little roll to the fenders and a fair amount of what I call rocker or dip to the brim.
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8997/QAkVgb.jpg

Now picture the same hat with the fenders rolled up quite a bit and you can see that the overall width of the hat would be narrower, see what I mean? So tell me about brim width and what width hat you prefer.

BTW I have seen posted here what I call rocker or dip as being a "packer" hat. Been out in the western states for years and have done my share of horse packing and have not heard of this at all. Boots called packers boots but that's it. Is it a regional term or enlighten me.

Latigo

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
@Latigo thats a nice looking Hat (Looks like a Rancher with a 4" Brim). I think the term Packer is regional or something some Hatters use like Ritch Rand in Montana . A Hat Brim is measured from the edge of the Brim to the Crown , not how wide over-all the Hat is . Everyone has their particular Roll Style they prefer , especially on certain Style Hats , and Brim widths . I like Tall Crowns normally 6 1/4-6 1/2" open , and Brims from 3 1/2-4" , but that is negotiable on both . If I like a Hat , I like it . If not ... .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy