Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
@AlexTheApache Hey I think it looks good! Got to ask...Are you getting hit by the hurricane? You're near Houston?

Latigo

I'm in Brazos county right off the river in Wellborn, Tx. Yes we are getting hit hard, had tornado warnings up until about 1 pm central. It's been raining since around 4 am this morning and should continue on long through tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJR

I'm in Brazos county right off the river in Wellborn, Tx. Yes we are getting hit hard, had tornado warnings up until about 1 pm central. It's been raining since around 4 am this morning and should continue on long through tonight.

Good luck it looks like you're going to be really wet for several days.

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
Good luck it looks like you're going to be really wet for several days.

Yes, as a care taker for cotton and cattle it's good to get a little rain after the dry spell we had.

My prayers go out to folks down in the Corpus Christi area off the coast they are getting hit head on by the storm. Lots of damage from what I've seen online

Latigo

Familiar Face

Wow, stay safe and it sounds like one of those be careful what you wish for things....."Yes, as a care taker for cotton and cattle it's good to get a little rain after the dry spell we had" A little rain could wind up being more than you think or want!

Latigo

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Wow, stay safe and it sounds like one of those be careful what you wish for things....."Yes, as a care taker for cotton and cattle it's good to get a little rain after the dry spell we had" A little rain could wind up being more than you think or want!

Latigo

Yeah I remember several years ago the Guadalupe River flooded and almost wiped out Gruene , and several other areas . I was working in Irvine and they had been working on the bridges across that ditch thats called the Trinity River when it Flooded . It shut the road down for months getting in there . Be careful Alex . My best friend in Abilene has cotton and cattle north of Abilene I believe . It has been awfully dry for a while .

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Well Michael, I can report that the ditch in question is behaving itself today.

9eb9a8c2a955e05eed4f29a6c2229741.jpg

Actually after some serious flooding some years ago, the Corps of Engineers has done some excellent flood control work through Fort Worth. Of course, the result is more flooding downstream at times.

Cheers! David

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The hat is by Art Fawcett, Michael. He's more known for his fedora styles but I think he can make anything.

I'm lucky in that I get to watch the Trinity River everyday (unless I'm traveling) and it's quite surprising how quickly it gets higher when there is a period of rain. There is a low water crossing right by us that is underwater at the drop of a hat.

We've been here 21/2 years with some very wet periods, but no flooding downtown.

Cheers! David

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I've got one of those. I don't have the label or the buckle, but it looks to be the same 4X hat in silverbelly or taupe. I kind of like this style too. I've been neglecting it over the summer and I'm just conditioning the sweat now. I'll have to find something for a buckle replacement and then it should get a little wear this autumn.

Michael

Revenger

New in Town
I've got one of those. I don't have the label or the buckle, but it looks to be the same 4X hat in silverbelly or taupe. I kind of like this style too. I've been neglecting it over the summer and I'm just conditioning the sweat now. I'll have to find something for a buckle replacement and then it should get a little wear this autumn.

Michael
I had a "taupe" or "silverbelly" one before this that I got off ebay, but I misjudged my size and it didn't quite fit. Sweat and liner was FUBAR too so I just resold it. Maybe it will fit someone else and they can give it the TLC it needs.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I picked mine up locally so I new the fit and condition. It's in fairly good shape, with one somewhat worrisome area on the sweat and the missing buckle. It came in an Akubra Imperial Quality hat box, so I guess someone traded what they were wearing.

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24