Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Thank you. I'm kind of partial to the "gambler" or "pastoralist" crowns. Too much Clint Eastwood influence I suppose.
I really like that look too......Here is one I picked up fairly recently.....more under the "Open Road Guild".....never thought to post here.....
M
20170710_143033.jpg
20170710_143044.jpg

Revenger

New in Town
I really like that look too......Here is one I picked up fairly recently.....more under the "Open Road Guild".....never thought to post here.....
M
I love it. interesting bash for an Open Road. I might have to pick up another and try that.
Here are a couple of pics of my hat,

I forgot to take interior shots, maybe later. Mine has a brown sweatband.

Michael
Very nice! The one I sold looked a bit more tan than that. It also didn't have the original band.

I love it. interesting bash for an Open Road. I might have to pick up another and try that.
Yes.....I really loved it when I saw it......not sure it is an "official" Open Road...sweat just has it as a 3X Beaver Quality....It is unlined.......so not sure about it. But again, the crease was cool.............felt has a real nice feel, it is the soft variety and not heavily sized.
M

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
M
View attachment 83952 View attachment 83953

It's a gambler style of crease with the short brim.

Which a wider brim it's more of a "Buckaroo" style. Telescope crown with a flatter brim, usually 4.5"+. It's a mix of California cowboy style and the Vaqueros from old Mexico. The style is not only known for the style of hat but for a difference in tack, roping and daly methods, and horsemanship techniques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
It's a gambler style of crease with the short brim.

Which a wider brim it's more of a "Buckaroo" style. Telescope crown with a flatter brim, usually 4.5"+. It's a mix of California cowboy style and the Vaqueros from old Mexico. The style is not only known for the style of hat but for a difference in tack, roping and daly methods, and horsemanship techniques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11406996_1071539922873832_7018610422262922628_n-1.jpg

Latigo

Familiar Face
It's a mix of California cowboy style and the Vaqueros from old Mexico. The style is not only known for the style of hat but for a difference in tack, roping and daly methods, and horsemanship techniques.

@Michael R. The horseman below is riding a slick fork saddle but without bucking rolls, most working Vaquero's use them. The horse is being ridden in the two rein with a spade bit with braided reins and rein chains and a bosalita, Vaquero style, almost a full bridle horse. He's carrying a long braided reata , again traditional Vaquero. It takes about 5 years of training to make a full bridle horse. They use weight shift techniques and once the horse learns you can ride without reins at all. This is how I was taught. Oh... and the hat!
n-1.jpg

Latigo

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I know @Latigo , looks good doesn't it . I've been looking at Buckaroo Saddles for years with smooth forks and bucking rolls and a higher cantle thats more straight . Reminds me of my old saddle I had as a kid . Maybe one day I'll spring for one . The Buckaroo Vaqueros can take a OR style Hat and telescope the crown flatten the brim and it looks like a totally different Hat . Those low crown numbers don't work for me . I still like em though .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails