Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
99284904-843F-4CC6-BC08-F224D7B87D3A.jpeg
Greetings All:
Happenin
Peters Bros. Banker’s Special Fifty. Thanks to Nathaniel Finley tip.
Be well. Bowen

You bet.....now those instructions are to fluff up a long hair finish......though I have been known to use this technique on an especially soiled hat to open up the surface and remove deeper soil. Now on a "standard" finish hat that was soiled, after the softer brushing in the correct direction, sometimes a hat sponge will give it that extra fine finish. Hat sponges work much like a super fine sandpaper...........
M

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thanks Scuttle. All in fun till ya loose a finger or two :confused:

He's a good boy. Always been more curious (may be not all that friendly but curious) than most :eek:

28276529_400613473680008_5583808122883218283_n.jpg

Took this at sunset just a few days ago. As you can see, sun came out and snow is gone. Still some wind.
Yahoody, I enjoy your hats, but I think your horses steal the show!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Desert dog

Just found Dobbs West.Tag said Top Rail,color silver belly 7 3/8.I think I have converted a Resistol Top Rail.Don't know if this one will stay western or fedora.Nice felt on this one not as thick or stiff as a Stagecoach.Crown is soft,brim not as stiff as some.Hats in great shape.
rQvNDpp.jpg
JYo2wbL.jpg
gaihUPK.jpg
DF31M2k.jpg
That is nice. I have been looking at a Dobbs West at a local antique store, waiting for a price drop. Probably the same felt as early seventies Resistols. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Yahoody

One Too Many
Just found Dobbs West.Tag said Top Rail,color silver belly 7 3/8.I think I have converted a Resistol Top Rail.Don't know if this one will stay western or fedora.Nice felt on this one not as thick or stiff as a Stagecoach.Crown is soft,brim not as stiff as some.Hats in great shape.
rQvNDpp.jpg
JYo2wbL.jpg
gaihUPK.jpg
DF31M2k.jpg
There have been some really good hat makers over the years on the SL Basin. Have to wonder who actually made this one for the Outpost. Anyone know the story behind Dobb's?

Desert dog

There have been some really good hat makers over the years on the SL Basin. Have to wonder who actually made this one for the Outpost. Anyone know the story behind Dobb's?
During this time period Dobbs was owned by Resistol, the Dobbs West line was identical to Resistols of that era. There was a Dobbs Stagecoach collection and Roundup collection, same as Resistol. Just rebranded Resistols, capitalizing on the high end Dobbs name. Nice to have them as they seem to be fewer than Resistols.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
During this time period Dobbs was owned by Resistol, the Dobbs West line was identical to Resistols of that era. There was a Dobbs Stagecoach collection and Roundup collection, same as Resistol. Just rebranded Resistols, capitalizing on the high end Dobbs name. Nice to have them as they seem to be fewer than Resistols.
A lot fewer. Resistol was a known brand, Dobbs West not so much.
But they are appearing more and more now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21