Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful work @T Jones / Terry!

I'm not in your league, but I'm still having fun learning. Started reshaping this Hatatorium custom. I saw this crease on an old western that was on TV a few weeks back. Sort of a Mullet-Center-Fire. Still have some work to do (a few bumps from the old crease -- I did not re-block it) and I want to curl the brim tighter towards the front (similar to yours).

View attachment 111985 View attachment 111986 View attachment 111987

I'm calling it a Mess Kit.

View attachment 111989

These were the "before" pics. A little too standard-1990s-western for me.

34485144990_b19dc1c599_o.jpg

34485144400_0a84e9c01c_o.jpg

34740057251_5dea78a5cd_o.jpg
Very nice and unique Bob. I'm with you on the generic crease it started with. Much more interesting now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Very nice and unique Bob. I'm with you on the generic crease it started with. Much more interesting now.

Thanks Ed!

I messed around some more with that dirty-dog Stetson that I thought my wife might wear. She does not like high crowns and I lowered it about as much as I could. Still no love...

Before:

efd3f05bed963c70eaca07e435b371f0.jpg

Current (still need to deal with the glue residue):

Dirty_Dog_1.png
Dirty_Dog_2.png
Dirty_Dog_3.png

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
American Hat Co 3XCB

I haven't touched this one in a wk or more. I really like the look of this crease I put in...on the table; not one me! The sweat is extremely dry & brittle; splits with just the slightest touch; really needs to be replaced. I'll probably put the hat away until I decide what comes next.

View attachment 111990

View attachment 111991

View attachment 111992

View attachment 111993

View attachment 111994

View attachment 111995
3X Clear Beaver. Now that's a hat to work with!

That is nice!!
Thanks Scott.

This original beaded hatband belongs to a guy who no longer posts. I'm checking into having it repoed by a beader I've used. I don't know if I really like that many white beads & it's not as "busy" as I like. I'm thinking of changing the white to bone or maybe a baby blue sky with a darker blue border. The airplanes will be gone.

What say you?

IMG_6115.JPG

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Scott.

This original beaded hatband belongs to a guy who no longer posts. I'm checking into having it repoed by a beader I've used. I don't know if I really like that many white beads & it's not as "busy" as I like. I'm thinking of changing the white to bone or maybe a baby blue sky with a darker blue border. The airplanes will be gone.

What say you?

View attachment 112096
I like your thinking. The planes being removed would give it more of an old school look, which I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner