Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

GWD

One Too Many
warbird said:
GWD I hope you stand to inherit that someday so it will stay in the family. Absolutely beautiful place.

Thanks, No doubt it will stay in the family. But it's a bit complicated, it belongs to my Father and my Step Mother so we'll see how that turns out.

"These things must be done delicately."

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Lefty said:
A little bump for the old fashioned western style that Dinerman has been displaying (again) lately. Here's a site with some nice, but really pricey examples.

Montgomery Wards.
IMG_8135.jpg

IMG_8136.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Pilgrim (sears's house brand)
IMG_9571.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

IMG_9573.jpg

IMG_9574.jpg

IMG_9575.jpg

"made in england"

IMG_4574.jpg

"dakota"- not mine anymore. A friend of my dad's and fellow hat wearer had me buy it for him and steam it into a low porkpie crown to replicate the hat worn by Frank Lloyd Wright. Thought it was worth sharing, though.
IMG_4118.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
Miller in Denver?

I just won this one. Anybody know anything about Miller Western in Denver?
Thanks!

John

a090_1.jpg

a40d_1.jpg

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Have a look here for an abridged history of Miller. Phillip Miller was a hat salesman who started his own catalog company in the early 1900's. The company is still on the go but has expanded and is now run as the Rocky Mountain Clothing Co.
Nice looking hat BTW.

Sean

Familiar Face
indycop said:
Nice , been holding out on us!lol You look likle a young Ron Howard in the 1st pic. What kind of hat is it?

Stetson beaver felt. i don't know how old it is my grandpa gave it to me.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Vashon - a straw OR variant. Steamed and reshaped the brim.
2904648130_45a28fa0ef.jpg

Bud-in-Texas said:
I noticed the Cavenders hat is a 100X and checked mine. Mine is 200X, as we have discussed before, the X's meaning is vague at best. I just wonder why the seemingly same hat carries a differing X Factor.

In straw, the number of X’s are determined by the body used to make the hat. The tighter the weave and narrower the straw reed used to make the hat, the higher the X quality of the hat. It's similar to the grading used in Panama Hats (which we all know are actually woven in Ecuador). Or so I'm told.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
Thanks Indycop. It was an "action shot." Black Jack wasn't one to stand still for very long.

Sean, I think he's mostly QH, with some Saddlebred and mutt thrown in...:) He belongs to a friend of mine that does a hunting guide operation in Colorado each fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot