Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Justdog

Practically Family
Montgomery and Pilgrim

Dinerman said:
Montgomery Wards.
[]

Pilgrim (sears's house brand)

"made in england"

"dakota"- not mine anymore. A friend of my dad's and fellow hat wearer had me buy it for him and steam it into a low porkpie crown to replicate the hat worn by Frank Lloyd Wright. Thought it was worth sharing, though.

Both the Montgomery and especially the Pilgrim reaaaal sweet:eusa_clap t
The Stetson nutria 2000 dollars what a bargain :)

openroad

New in Town
indycop said:
That is cool!! Got any bigger/closer pics? I bet you have a nice collection of westerns.:)

Here you go Indycop, a bigger photo of the same pic, I will try to get some more up soon.

hgb13.jpg

This is one with the same hat (i'm the one in white) With Karl Shiflett & Big Country.
karlintro1.jpg

This is one of us with no hats but Paul wanted to be a little different.....just joking we planed it that way.
100_1060.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
openroad said:
Here you go Indycop, a bigger photo of the same pic, I will try to get some more up soon.

hgb13.jpg

This is one with the same hat (i'm the one in white) With Karl Shiflett & Big Country.
karlintro1.jpg
Man that looks nice! :eusa_clap I am really going to have to get a western next year, maybe just let majormoore run with it and come up with something.

The greenish hat in the 2nd pic also looks good Is it an open roadish type hat?

openroad

New in Town
Thanks guys, yea Indycop that is Chris Hill with the greenish hat and I cannot remember the brand or style.

And GWD that is my baby just a plain old HD-28;) I customized the pickguard myself just wanted to be a little different even though I tried to copy Larry Sparks' guitar.

GWD

One Too Many
A Few More Western Hats

I bought these two new back in the late 80's.

I wore the black one in my wedding.
Stetson 4x Tyler
web.jpg

Stetson 4x Bear Creek "I think"
web.jpg

I found this picture from our last Wyoming trip.

web.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
That Stetson #1's a cool looking hat.

Good memory there, Dinerman. FYI to others; The "No.1 Quality" is the burgundy Stetson with worn spots on the crown. It is quite an old hat and I really love the weird ol' thing. I worked with it a for a while to get it to be a good fit and now it feels like a custom.

GWD - Good new entries and the family shot is charming.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Duke's Mixture

Top left Dobbs Rancher top middle Stevens 3X Beaver top right Stetson No.1 Quality
Bottom both are Stetson 3X Last Drop the left liner is cover with clear, the one on the right with the major brim curl has the oil silk cover.
The Stevens has a Last Drop slightly different then Stetson used.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That Stevens liner looks a lot like the Stetson liner. I know that Stevens was making Stetson's hats for a while, but since I don't see Stevens too often, this is pretty interesting.

By the way, great photos today.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene

Excellent bunch of hats, there. The sheer quantity (and just in the western category!) got me thinking about a possible new discussion: how many hats can a fella own before some clodpate thinks he has "issues?" ;) (Hopefully it's not like cats, where a person is a "catlover" if they have up to five, then "cat-crazy" if the number hits 10, and downright unstable with any more than that.) I hope to amass quite a collection for years to come, maybe only slowing down when storage becomes problematic.

Anyhow, thanks for the pictures; you're an inspiration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats