Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I don't have anything on FFA being a model in the Resistol information I have. I'm thinking it was probably made to be sold at their youth conventions? DD @Desert dog is probably the most knowledgeable about the red liner hats, & Scott @Cornshucker77 lives in Sioux City area. He may know something about Stockyards Clothing & Supply, & if/when the FFA had a convention there.
I'm not aware of a convention in SC. In the 70's I attended the FFA National convention in Kansas City. I'm not sure how SC and FFA would fit. Maybe an Iowa State judging event. I have a nephew who is an ag instructor and FFA Advisor in Nebraska maybe he could shed some light. If he knows anything I'll report back.

Windy day calls for an open crown.

IMG_8973.jpg

IMG_8974.jpg

IMG_8975.jpg

Hat color and the lighting is giving that hatband a different look, a good one all around.
Thanks BB. I usually only wear chocolate thru the fall & winter months. I was liking this hat open crown & was looking for about a 13/16 to 1-1/8 chocolate ribbon but when I unboxed the hat this fall I dropped this horsehair on it & liked the look. The red doesn't show up much in the pic due to the exposure but the red & green in the natural horsehair really shows up against the chocolate. And the width is good for the hat too. I'll take it back off when I box up the hat in early Spring.

IMG_8833.jpg

"There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west..."

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Resistol Double X FFA - Black

View attachment 278167
Resistol Double X FFA - Black - Size 7
5 1/4 Crown as shaped
Silver and Turquoise conchos band with 1/8 super TAR
4 inch brim

Well this certainly cleaned up nice. It is not so much my style but this is one cool hat. Still need to clean up the sweat a bit.

View attachment 278168 View attachment 278169 View attachment 278170 View attachment 278171 View attachment 278172 View attachment 278173 View attachment 278174 View attachment 278178 View attachment 278177
That is such a cool hat! I love the old Resistols. The brown sweat, gold piped red liner says early sixties to me. I was an FFA member from '71-'74. Would love to find one in my size. Great find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy