Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Just scored this earlier today at The Boise Flea, a monthly gathering of over 100 vendors, held in the parking lot of Albertsons Stadium on the BSU campus.

It’s a mid-to-late 70s Resistol Hi-7, in pristine condition. It’s got a 4” brim, and the crown’s 5.25” at the front bash, and 6” at the sides, with a 6-cord band. It’s never been dirtied, never been smooshed, never been nibbled on. It still has its feather AND its little metal Resistol hatband pin. I got a SMOKIN’ deal on this (about what the shipping for such a hat would have cost on the bay) and am giddily delighted.

Sorry for showing the interior of the garage, but lighting this time of day is hideous, and I couldn’t wait until tomorrow to share this. :D
View attachment 613578 View attachment 613579
I'm hearing those spurs a jangling again

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Just scored this earlier today at The Boise Flea, a monthly gathering of over 100 vendors, held in the parking lot of Albertsons Stadium on the BSU campus.

It’s a mid-to-late 70s Resistol Hi-7, in pristine condition. It’s got a 4” brim, and the crown’s 5.25” at the front bash, and 6” at the sides, with a 6-cord band. It’s never been dirtied, never been smooshed, never been nibbled on. It still has its feather AND its little metal Resistol hatband pin. I got a SMOKIN’ deal on this (about what the shipping for such a hat would have cost on the bay) and am giddily delighted.

Sorry for showing the interior of the garage, but lighting this time of day is hideous, and I couldn’t wait until tomorrow to share this. :D
Nice one! Those are hard to find these days. A good Lounger friend sent me a Knox Stagecoach sometime back that has the 7 inch open crown and 4 1/2 brim with a 1/4 inch brim curl. A previous owner had abused it. I was able to restore it. I posted this one many times. It now sports a Montana Pinch with a mule kick. I also gave the brim a slight cowboy curl. It's good to see that some these hats are still around. I'd love to have a few more of these big Westerns.
Screenshot_20240513-072409~2.png
Screenshot_20240513-072350~2.png
Knox-Stagecoach-12-A-1.jpg
Knox-Stagecoach-13-A.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Nice score, Mark.

It's so intriguing to see other people's garages etc. I'm always thinking, ooh, what's that? That looks interesting :)

Me too.......always bothers the neighbors for some reason.;)

View attachment 613977
LOL! I live on an acreage as do all my neighbors. But I built a PVC potato cannon that works on compressed air. They get kind of nervous when they see me out back assembling it together. The other time they get nervous is when they see me bring out my guitar & a bottle of whiskey on the veranda because they know they might be in for an all-nighter.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
And I thought I was the only one who could play "that good", Jack!

:)

LOL! I live on an acreage as do all my neighbors. But I built a PVC potato cannon that works on compressed air. They get kind of nervous when they see me out back assembling it together. The other time they get nervous is when they see me bring out my guitar & a bottle of whiskey on the veranda because they know they might be in for an all-nighter.

I am sitting here reminded of the time some years back …. my nephew had made one of these potato cannons for a school project and was showing it off at the family Easter get together. His Dad and uncle decided they would try to play baseball with It… as I filmed them with them with my phone camera in slow motion (that feature was a novelty at that time). The resulting video was of my one brother-in-law launching this rocket at my other brother-in-law holding a baseball bat as the projectile manages to strike him in the one place he wished it didn’t…. Followed by the reaction of absolute elation and joy on the face of the older brother when he realized he hit his younger brother in the family jewels…. All caught in slow motion.

I am sitting here reminded of the time some years back …. my nephew had made one of these potato cannons for a school project and was showing it off at the family Easter get together. His Dad and uncle decided they would try to play baseball with It… as I filmed them with them with my phone camera in slow motion (that feature was a novelty at that time). The resulting video was of my one brother-in-law launching this rocket at my other brother-in-law holding a baseball bat as the projectile manages to strike him in the one place he wished it didn’t…. Followed by the reaction of absolute elation and joy on the face of the older brother when he realized he hit his younger brother in the family jewels…. All caught in slow motion.
Even if it was a handheld pump up design, that had to hurt. I built mine for distance & to be powered by a compressed air cylinder (think No Country For Old Men). I had to increase the length of the barrel to stop the potato from exploding as it exited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80