Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
THE SECRET METAL HISTORY OF THE LOUNGE

Metallica:
RIDE THE LIGHTNING (frighteningly cheesy cover art of electric chair ... get it? "ride the lightning")
MASTER OF PUPPETS (I can sing every single word on this album)

Slayer:
SHOW NO MERCY. (Favorite line: "There is no future, no #@%ing world to be saved.")
HELL AWAITS 12" EP
REIGN IN BLOOD (I can sing every single word on this masterpiece too; plus the cover art is cool)

Burzum:
PHILOSOFEM

English Dogs:
METALMORPHOSIS

Judas Priest:
The early stuff, incl. "Victim of Changes," "Island of Domination," the very fine Joan Baez cover, etc. when R. Halford used those vocal chords to the max

Black Sabbath: the first two albums, especially the haunting "Planet Caravan"

Occasionally when I'm in the mood I will put on Ratt. This is less than once a year. Or Dokken. I suppose these count as another inferior genre altogether ...

Dr Doran

Miss Neecerie said:
I have three words for you Doran.

These words shall make you feel instantly better about your musical choices while you mock mine.

Type O Negative

Who is that? Are they METAL?

Why would I mock your choices my dear?

NEVER!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Doran said:
Who is that? Are they METAL?

Why would I mock your choices my dear?

NEVER!

They do qualify as metal indeed....but more gothy brooding metal. And they also rank high on the cheesy meter.

And I gotta say, the do wicked covers of songs...in -their- style....Cinnamon Girl being a prime example.

But mmmmmm I do so love them.

Dr Doran

Miss Neecerie said:
They do qualify as metal indeed....but more gothy brooding metal. And they also rank high on the cheesy meter.

And I gotta say, the do wicked covers of songs...in -their- style....Cinnamon Girl being a prime example.

But mmmmmm I do so love them.

Goth? I am a bigtime secret Goth.

Death in June, Current 93, Sol Invictus. LAIBACH. Occasionally a bit of Bauhaus. My current signature line is in fact from a Death in June song. I even saw them play once in SF. They wore Greek tragedy masks. Stunning show. Many very openly gay "fascists" present in audience (and onstage). Hilarious.

anon`

One Too Many
I love how such diverse tastes are slowly emerging from the woodwork. Type O Negative! I'd even go so far as to accuse them of stepping ever so slightly over the line into the realm of industrial now and again.
They also did an awesome cover of Black Sabbath for the album [Nativity In Black] way back when ('92? '93?).

(Summoning - Our Foes Shall Fall)

Chas

One Too Many
Sonny Thompson w/ Lula Reed, Eddie Chamblee & Bubba Brooks.

Some real tight boogie piano and honkin' sax going down today. Gettin' dressed for the par-tay.

zaika

One Too Many
i love all you secret metalheads! i'm glad you're coming forward. i hope you will count me in as one of the few. ;)

flat-top

\m/

zaika said:
i love all you secret metalheads! i'm glad you're coming forward. i hope you will count me in as one of the few. ;)
I've been to a few metal shows this year, most notably Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio on vocals), and just a couple of weeks ago, TWISTED SISTER doing their Christmas show! What a great time!

zaika

One Too Many
flat-top said:
I've been to a few metal shows this year, most notably Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio on vocals), and just a couple of weeks ago, TWISTED SISTER doing their Christmas show! What a great time!

i'd kinda like to go to one this year. i'd like to see Opeth...personally. [huh]

ortega76

Practically Family
It's been awhile since I've been on, but tonight I've got the I-Tunes on random with a little Led Zeppelin, Digable Planets, Sublime and some Sinatra. Going from "Steppin' Razor" to "Dancing Days" to "Mack The Knife" keeps things interesting.

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
sweetfrancaise said:
I've been moody lately, so my iPod is filled with hyper-emotional non-vintagey stuff, like Jeff Buckley, Nick Cave, Aaron, Guillemots, Murder by Death, Abd Al Malik, and Beck (Sea Change).

murder by death are absolutely genius! also, Nick Cave and Jeff Buckely are favourites of mine.

today i have mostly been listening to
*tenacious d. inane repetitive tripe to some... saviours of rock to others.
*city and color
*cave in
*good old 'tallica

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass