Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

zaika

One Too Many
pgoat said:
Hmmm. do you have an album title for the chant? I'm interested in checking it out.

I sure do!

The album name was Bozestvena Liturgija Na Sveti Jovan Zlatoust. And the artists are billed as Sestrinstvo od Manastirot Presveta Bogoridica "Eleusta."

Or: Divine Liturgy of St John Chrysostom - Sisterhood of the Monastery of the Most Holy Theotokos "Eleusa" (Strumitsa, Macedonia).

This is by far my most favorite Orthodox Christian liturgical recording. It's sung by sisters and a priest and while not the most technically precise as a choir, they have a very real sense of peace. It doesn't hurt that the actual chant they are singing is so beautiful.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
right now i'm listening to Morrissey. earlier it was Harry James.

marlow, i haven't yet seen MS play, but i think they're scheduled for the upcoming lindy exchange!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Music on YouTube has sucked the past three hours from me--it's a blessing and a curse. I did find some gems, including the best version of U2's With or Without You that I've ever heard though, so I guess the evening isn't a total loss.

Vardeman Sneed

Familiar Face
Right now...

Glenn Miller and the Army Air Force Band
Rare Broadcast - Performances From 1943-1944

"A Tisket A Tasket" is currently playing. Oops, now its "What Do You Do in the Infanty".

imported_the_librarian

One of the Regulars
60CycleHum said:
Right now...

Glenn Miller and the Army Air Force Band
Rare Broadcast - Performances From 1943-1944

"A Tisket A Tasket" is currently playing. Oops, now its "What Do You Do in the Infanty".

Great stuff! Not trying to thread hijack, but seeing the Miller stuff prompted me to remember something I have been looking for. Anyone know where the Glenn Miller "playlets" could be found? I used to have some, but lost them along the way when my hard drive died. These playlets were scenarios put on by the band, talking about the Training Command, etc.

normanpitkin

One of the Regulars
the old codger radio podcast from fmu on the internet,truly wonderful for all fans of swing music! also most amusing,i wonder if anyone has any background info on the old codger himself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS