Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

That's perfect.

I love him.

He is a surprisingly talented musician and seems to have a fondness for jazz/blues.

As Tim (Canerodmaker) reminded me over Instagram this AM, it's been 25 years...

I include this, a cover, to tell a story he told in his autobiography that I really liked. Frank used to tour Europe extensively and was a very popular figure behind the Iron Curtain. He was one of the few American artists to tour Europe so extensively and often, and was very popular. In the early 70s, the Mothers toured Europe. In a 1974 concert in Helsinki, Finland, an audience member repeatedly disrupted a Frank Zappa performance by shouting a request for "Whipping Post." Zappa responded by playing a version of his song "Montana", where he altered the lyrics with references to whipping posts.

However, knowing how many Europeans didn't get to see many of the American artists that were popular (as they didn't tour Europe as extensively), especially behind the Iron Curtain, he felt bad he couldn't fulfill the fan's request. Eventually, his band learned the song so he could fulfill the request.

"Goodnight, Austin Texas, wherever you are!"

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra.
Ernie Golden's "Dancing Shadows"

2rna3nq.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy