Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Underrated? They've been in the Hall of Fame since '93. Fogerty himself is in the Songwriters HoF.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
I can see how some might think they are underrated simply because of the volume of work vs the length of time they were together. Like a lot of things, maybe you just had to live it.

Two number ones, several top tens, numerous top 40 songs and albums, HoF. Fogerty has a long and successful recording and touring career, Grammys, numerous accolades, etc. Add on that whole Vietnam mystique, and you have a legendary rock band that still gets regular airplay today. So I don't get your volume vs time argument. I also don't see an underrated band, by any measure. The Doors are similar in time vs volume and they're tremendously overrated.

And I did, for the most part, live it, Jack. That's an incredibly dismissive statement.

Two number ones, several top tens, numerous top 40 songs and albums, HoF. Fogerty has a long and successful recording and touring career, Grammys, numerous accolades, etc. Add on that whole Vietnam mystique, and you have a legendary rock band that still gets regular airplay today. So I don't get your volume vs time argument. I also don't see an underrated band, by any measure. The Doors are similar in time vs volume and they're tremendously overrated.

And I did, for the most part, live it, Jack. That's an incredibly dismissive statement.

First of all my comment about maybe Living it was not directed at you, rather directed at the OP who may have been just a bit to young at the time, based on his post:

Great memories as a kid...
:D

Maybe I am wrong but I took kid to mean he was at least a preteen during the yrs of CCR's mainstream popularity.

Secondly my comment about volume of work vs time was directed at the fact they were not really together as a group for very long. It was meant in no way to diminish the quality of work they put out.

Sorry I stepped on your toes. I'm done.

First of all my comment about maybe Living it was not directed at you, rather directed at the OP who may have been just a bit to young at the time, based on his post:

Maybe I am wrong but I took kid to mean he was at least a preteen during the yrs of CCR's mainstream popularity.

Secondly my comment about volume of work vs time was directed at the fact they were not really together as a group for very long. It was meant in no way to diminish the quality of work they put out.

My toes are too bruised from previous steppins' to get too up in arms about it. Besides, I only have 9 1/2 of them anymore, so you may have missed!

Cheers, Jack. Have a great Saturday.

Underrated? They've been in the Hall of Fame since '93. Fogerty himself is in the Songwriters HoF.

Underrated in their appreciation by the listeners of today; the masses. Rarely, if ever, have I heard someone who did not grow up listening to them, mention CCR as one of the great acts of their time period. :D

Yep, I was very young at the time, but I do remember them being popular and recieving a lot of play. And although they do recieve airplay today, it tends to be on the oldies stations. The youth of today, doesn't know them. They know Fleetwood Mac, The Doors, The Grateful Dead, Led Zepplin, David Bowie, and others, but rarely do they know CCR. But of course this is just my opinion.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass