Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

I never labeled them "artsy". Once upon a time " alternative" meant anything not on commercial radio, outside of the mainstream. Then along came all this hippy grunge thing and suddenly "alternative" WAS mainstream. Now the term is just a marketing catchphrase to convince the sheep listeners that THEY are the cool kids. I'd say thank goodness all that grunge crap has gone by the wayside, but now it's even worse, a bunch of skinny jeaned, bearded, hipster "singer songwriters" puking the Carpenters back up in our ears. I'd as soon listen to rap or disco while sipping my craft beer.

I can see some of that--except disco. :p

DharmaBum

One of the Regulars
I have a Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller station in my Pandora that get's play every morning and night. The commercials can be bothersome but the variety more than makes up for it! For the commute it's 40's on 4!

stevew443

One of the Regulars
My sweet wife got me a 2 CD set of Glenn Miller and that has been keeping me entertained on my commute to work. On my Pandora I have a few stations set up... Fletcher Henderson, Woody Herman, and a couple of Artie Shaw stations.

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
Mr. Guitar playing Autumn Leaves. Victor, Chet does a nice version of Mr. Sandman too.
[video=youtube_share;Ao1VOMrEuS4]http://youtu.be/Ao1VOMrEuS4[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo