Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I am currently reading 'Dark Lover~ The Life & Death of Rudolph Valentino' by Emily W. Leider (can't remember if books are to be underlined or quotes...) Very well written & he seems like a fascinating man.

Sunny

One Too Many
Barbigirl said:
Currently reading the original unabridged version of DRACULA
Ooh! Classic horror! I got Dracula from the library to take on a business trip a couple weeks ago. It was the third time I've read it. I knew everything that would happen. And it still kept me up 'til 2 in the morning! When I had to get up at 6!

I'm currently reading Dickens' Bleak House. I've read quite a bit of Dickens, but this one's a little different. The story starts small and meandering and largely pleasant. I'm about halfway through, now. There have been vignettes of tragedy and vignettes of humor, with rumblings of future tragedy. Different bits of story keep cropping up, apparently unconnected with the rest. Though if I know Dickens, everything will be neatly linked at the end.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
New book; 'Timeline' by Michael Crichton...I've only been reading it two days now and already almost halfway through this! This is one of the kinds of books I love, it grabs you at the first page.

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
I just finished Little Women this morning. I loved it. I wish I would have read it alot sooner. Before that I read Sense and Sensibility. Next up is Emma. Maybe after that The Count of Monte Cristo but I am not sure quite yet. I am a stay at home mom and I prefer to read rather than keep the tv on, although I will admit to watching Spongebob almost every morning, he wakes me up! :coffee: After I watch the morning news like a grown up of course.:whistling

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Sunny said:
Ooh! Classic horror! I got Dracula from the library to take on a business trip a couple weeks ago. It was the third time I've read it. I knew everything that would happen. And it still kept me up 'til 2 in the morning! When I had to get up at 6!

I'm currently reading Dickens' Bleak House. I've read quite a bit of Dickens, but this one's a little different. The story starts small and meandering and largely pleasant. I'm about halfway through, now. There have been vignettes of tragedy and vignettes of humor, with rumblings of future tragedy. Different bits of story keep cropping up, apparently unconnected with the rest. Though if I know Dickens, everything will be neatly linked at the end.

My daughter just read it and did a book report that was in the format of trying to sell a screen play. We had a good time dripping red food color on the cover. I am only about a chapter into it but it is very intriguing. I already want to yell at the solicitor "go back, go back!"

I just found an old copy of Anna Karenina I was thinking was time for a reread, next up.

Barbigirl said:
My daughter just read it and did a book report that was in the format of trying to sell a screen play. We had a good time dripping red food color on the cover. I am only about a chapter into it but it is very intriguing. I already want to yell at the solicitor "go back, go back!"

Dracula, i assume? Bleak House would be one hell of a job to turn into a screen play (even with the red food colouring ;) ), and is also full of solicitors who really should go back.

bk

Snookie

Practically Family
SaraBell said:
The Alienist by Caleb Carr...it's a murder mystery that takes place in New York 1896

I'm listening to this book right now! It's so gross... good for Halloween. I'm glad I'm listening to this one rather than reading it, so I can tune out on the really gross parts.

I'm reading LOTS of Agatha Christie. I like that she's not so scary, so I can read late into the night.

Sunny

One Too Many
Barbigirl said:
I am only about a chapter into it but it is very intriguing. I already want to yell at the solicitor "go back, go back!"
Ooh, only a chapter in? You mean he still has a chance to go back? :D

Baron Kurtz said:
Bleak House would be one hell of a job to turn into a screen play (even with the red food colouring ), and is also full of solicitors who really should go back.
Actually, wasn't there just a miniseries made of it? My mother recorded it off PBS, I believe.

I'm over halfway now. Spontaneous combustion is freaky. :eek:

SaraBell

Familiar Face
Snookie said:
I'm listening to this book right now! It's so gross... good for Halloween. I'm glad I'm listening to this one rather than reading it, so I can tune out on the really gross parts.

I'm reading LOTS of Agatha Christie. I like that she's not so scary, so I can read late into the night.
lol yeah it can get rather graphic and disturbing at times...

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Naked Came the Sasquatch" - John Boston

Re-reading for the umpteenth time. One of the flat-out funniest books I've ever read. Now out of print but available in all the usual places.

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Although I have a lot of things I am in the process of reading (I jump around a lot in my books. Currently I am reading

“The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night” Arabian Nights translated by Sir Richard Francis Burton. My edition is composed of 6 volumes in 3 books and it was printed in le late 1800s

I’m in the middle of the 2nd book

You can read it here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic