Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Listening to "What Ho, Jeeves" audiobook by P.G. Wodehouse. After seeing the TV show I can't help but picture Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry in the roles while listening to it.

For school it's "Murach's SQL Server 2008 for developers" and "Modern Database Management." Not quite as enjoyable as Wodehouse!

Cheers,
Tom

Under the Guns of the Red Baron: The Complete Record of Von Richthofen's Victories and Victims Fully Illustrated
by Norm Franks, Hal Giblin, and Nigel McCrery
(New York: Barnes & Noble Books, 1999)

...Here for the first time, the most complete backgrounds of the men he (Von Richthofen) fought and accounted for in air battle are documented. In most cases this includes place and dates of birth, where they lived, were educated and worked, and then when they joined the colours. Many served in army regiments or other military units prior to joining the Royal Flying Corps or Royal Naval Air Service and their full service records, where known, are included. The later lives of those who survived the encounter with the Red Baron are also recorded.

Some weekend finds at a model kit collectors show...

[TBF/TBM] Avenger at War
by Barrett Tillman
(New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1980)

The Tiger Tanks (Osprey Vanguard 20)
by Bryan Perrett
illustrated by David E. Smith
(London: Osprey Publishing, 1981)

Iranian F-14 Tomcat Units in Combat (OspreyCombat Aircraft 49)
by Tom Cooper and Farzad Bishop
(Botley, Oxford, UK: Osprey Publishing, 2004)

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Hellraisers: The Life and Inebriated Times of Burton, Harris, O'Toole and Reed by Robert Sellers

Where are today's hellraisers?? Crowe, Farrel, et al just don't cut the mustard!

davidraphael

Practically Family
Backstory 1: Interviews with Screenwriters of Hollywood's Golden Age by Patrick McGilligan.

I already read part 2, interviews with screenwriters of the 1940s and 50s and it was great too.

511RVHT0M1L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
51W73MB0YBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
The Monuments Men by Robert Edsel.

It's a true story of a US / British Army unit comprised of men and women who were Art Museum curators and the like who were in charge of tracking down art that had been plundered by the Nazi's during their invasion of Europe. Wonderful read and well researched.

Feraud

Bartender
Chaplin - The Tramp's Odyssey by Louvish.
My first Chaplin bio. A good read so far. It is fascinating to read how the early (teens to twenties) Hollywood publicity machine aggressively marketed Chaplin. From the many newspaper and magazine articles to the boom of merchandizing and lookalike contests. The public then as now loves celebrities.

Corto

A-List Customer
The Monuments Men by Robert Edsel.

It's a true story of a US / British Army unit comprised of men and women who were Art Museum curators and the like who were in charge of tracking down art that had been plundered by the Nazi's during their invasion of Europe. Wonderful read and well researched.

Huh! Sounds fascinating! Thanks for the tip.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Listening to audio books. Complete Sherlock Holmes (this will continue for a long time I think). Also, Some Buried Ceasar by Rex Stout. Copywritten in 1939.

Ahhh, Nero and Archie.. I got hooked on Rex Stout's gargantuan gourmand about thirty years ago, and read everything I could get my hands on. Just about two weeks ago during a move I discovered all my Stout books. I may read through them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy