Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Flynn

New in Town
I'm reading 'From the Earth to the Moon' right now. Finally got strated with reading some of Jules Verne's work.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Just finished a rather complete collection of HP Lovecraft, some I had read before and many I have not. Most were very enjoyable, but his foreshadowing often has the subtlety of an Oliver Stone film...

Starting a collection of Somerset Maugham's short stories and also EM Forster's A Passage to India.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Just finished a rather complete collection of HP Lovecraft, some I had read before and many I have not. Most were very enjoyable, but his foreshadowing often has the subtlety of an Oliver Stone film...

Starting a collection of Somerset Maugham's short stories and also EM Forster's A Passage to India.

Are you reading the SIx Stories in the First Person Singular collection? If so, enjoy! There is one--I believe called "Jane" that I really like but they are all good!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
How do you like it so far Miss Golightly? I just bought it for my (French) wife.

I've literally just started it but am enjoying it so far - I read a few articles and reviews of it before buying it so know some of the "secrets" already! I would interested to know what your wife makes of it (particuarly from a French perspective) - do let me know if you get a chance!

Gromulus

Practically Family
Back to something a bit "weightier":

HELL's CARTEL: IG FARBEN and the making of HITLER"S WAR MACHINE
by Diarmuid Jeffreys

Having worked in the chemical industry all of my professional life, this appeals my professional curiosity as well as my love of history.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Reading "West with the Night" by Beryl Markham. Right up there with my favorites by St. Exupery--"Night Flight" and "Wind, Sand and Stars" (aka "Terre des Hommes")--seriously good stuff. I know, evryone talks about "Le Petit Prince" and yes that it brilliant but not the same. Occasionally I play golf at a local golf course where Amelia Earhart used to play--if I am lucky enough to be invited. She built a beautiful house right off the fairway and never returned to live in it. Early aviation is full of fascinating characters. Southern California is full of references to the fledgeling world of aviation......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner