Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Kermez

A-List Customer
Yay, me!

Fuente Fuente Opus X Double Corona. My favorite "local cigar store" got in a shipment earlier this week, and I was able to snag the last few. :cool:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Tonight was a Por Larranaga maduro, stronger but I think I like the taste of the natural better. I also had to work it to keep it burning.
Smoked a PL maduro in solidarity, IC. But I have to admit
it's not a great smoke. A bit harsh and simple. Still, it hit the
spot. Mine always seem to burn fine. Maybe yours are getting
a bit too humid?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
Smoked a PL maduro in solidarity, IC. But I have to admit
it's not a great smoke. A bit harsh and simple. Still, it hit the
spot. Mine always seem to burn fine. Maybe yours are getting
a bit too humid?
I like the natural much better, Think I will try another 5 Vegas A tonight ....:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tonight was a 5 Vegas Series A atomic. This is my 2nd of these, the 1st one I had straight off the UPS truck and thought it was pretty decent. It has spent a few days in the humidor so I broke another out tonight. This thing lit easily and burned perfectly. It was never hot or harsh, bitter, anything just great taste all the way from beginning to end. It easily held a 2 inch ash and produced gobs of thick smoke. The flavor was on par with, if not better than the Natural Por Larranagas that I have enjoyed so much. All in all this was an absolute great smoke tonight!:D

The pic makes it look really small but it is around a Robusto size maybe just under. The drink is something with rum in it, I dunno Dee made it, I drank it...;)

P9280063.jpg

Kermez

A-List Customer
Opus X

I didn't really like them at first. I bought a bunch in 2000, and finally smoked the very last of those in 2005 (memorably, during the Miami Heat's Eastern Conference Finals series loosing game against the Detroit Pistons). The last had mellowed drastically by that time.

Hard to get even at the best of times (especially if you don't want to pay outrageously for them), I'd still buy them as I could, which was rarely. Over the years, specifically since 2004, I've found some local shops who get them in a few times a year (and don't charge double or triple normal prices for them, as most stores do), and I take that opportunity to stock up as best I can do so.

Over the years, they have become my favorites. I have come to appreciate them as excellent top-tier fuller-bodied cigars that should only be enjoyed after a good (and large!) meal, and only then if I haven't had a cigar in at least a few days. As I usually enjoy a more heavy cigar, I try to keep my stock rotated and enjoy them within a year (and at most two) of purchase, to prevent undesired loss of character, flavor, and body.

Irish4

Familiar Face
My go to cigar

I recommend a bundled cigar from national brand.My choice is the toro 6x50.These are cheap and good for working around the house or building your hot rod.It has a sweetnend cap and a smooth draw with a great ash.At a $1.77 or about $44.00 per bundle of 25,you cant go wrong.These cigars are made at the same place as camacho and baccarat cigars.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Ah, Baccarat. I consider the rothschild maduro to be the first "real" cigar I ever smoked (in '93 - from 1987 to then, it was only machine-mades/short-seed-fillers a la Swisher Sweet, Dutch Masters, King Edward, etc.)

Irish4

Familiar Face
Enjoyment in the economic wounders

AHHHHHHHHHH.........Yes,a sip of my Samuel Adams cream stout,puff of my National brand 1942 6x50 toro,type on keyboard...............feeling and acting successful........even when I'm broke.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Irish4 said:
who makes the vegas series?
I could be wrong but I think I read that the vegas Miami is made by Don Pepin and the others are now a CigarsInternational make. I was totally surprised by how much I liked them, to me as good as much more expensive cigars.

indycop said:
Huh?! I'm shocked!:p

Be shocked then. :p I even smoked it a few days ago. Not exactly a robust flavor cigar but one with a nice draw. It really didn't impress me much. It was kind of even flavored throughout with not much of a finish. Probably not the CAO cigar for me. [huh]
On the other hand, a friend of mine gave me a very decidedly mild cigar with the name cuban twist on it and a strange nearly montecristo type logo on it. It says it is from Honduras and that is about all I know. I do know that it delivers a variety of flavors. It startled me first with tea and spice notes then followed with more intense and richer coffee and wood. It finished strong with wood and earth notes. It was quite a ride. I looked them up and still can't find much about them. Perhaps I might get a box of the larger size. For around $26 for a box of 25 churchills, it isn't going to kill me. :D

indycop said:
Tonight was a Por Larranaga maduro, stronger but I think I like the taste of the natural better. I also had to work it to keep it burning.

The maduro is not as good as the silky colorado wrapper I got on the figurado Por Larranaga. The flavor is slightly better as well. You live and learn. I suppose that means the maduros will be the last to sell. :p
You always have to work to keep a cigar burning. Are you sure you aren't exhaling through the cigar instead of drawing on it? :p lol

Irish4

Familiar Face
another cigar

Another of my favorite cigars is the fine El Rey Delmundo Robusto Larga.I really enjoyed this stick as well.I really cant tell you if it has earthy tones or a hint of spice, maybe chocolate.......whatever else that is used to describe the taste on your palate.I just know that it is not bitter and has a good taste.I guess maybe I am not exquisite enough or have such a refined sense of taste .........what a hillbilly I am man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80