Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Too strong? I would have to try it to believe it.
In relation to what? Say a Culebra? ;) :p I doubt it.
I was smoking one Sunday and everyone thought I was a little ecentric. That and it has a pretty pungent smell. lol lol
Didn't smell like a dog rocket did it?lol lol

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Is it bad form for a woman to "pipe up" in here?

jamespowers said:
You need your own smoking room where you can get away from them for a nice cigar with an adult beverage. ;)
All of those brands are good enough for me. The judge is out on the Drew Estate Cigars but I understand they are at least decent cigars. Puros Indios and La Gloria are some of my favorites as well. I just can't find a Puros Indios Chief though. I think they stopped selling an 18 inch cigar though. Darn it. :eusa_doh: :D

How does one go about acquiring said smoking room? I am banished to the back veranda and then ostracized for the evening by my beloved. It does somewhat take the shine off the experience.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
SuperKawaiiMama said:
How does one go about acquiring said smoking room? I am banished to the back veranda and then ostracized for the evening by my beloved. It does somewhat take the shine off the experience.
My wife and I always have our cigars outside. We were using one of those Lampe berge candles inside in the colder months, Took away any odor of smoke.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Brought 2 cigars to work, only got to have 1. I had a La Diferencia Cubana, definitely a mild to low medium cigar. It had a good nutty taste with a toasty note to it. I have to say though it went pretty quick and I am a slow smoker but definitely worth the $20 I paid for the box. The other cigar was a Brazilia still in the wrapper which got lost somewhere between the seats, with all this crap mounted in the car I will never find it....:rage: :mad:

I should have stuck to my policy of not taking my favorites to work.

SuperKawaiiMama said:

I have a small summer house in the backyard that doubles as my smoking room. It also has a bar along one wall, comfortable chairs, TV, fireplace etc.
If I am going to be ostracized then I want to be as such in style.
Here is a picture of the bar side of the room:
unknown-3.jpg

Cheers!:cheers1:

indycop said:
Brought 2 cigars to work, only got to have 1. I had a La Diferencia Cubana, definitely a mild to low medium cigar. It had a good nutty taste with a toasty note to it. I have to say though it went pretty quick and I am a slow smoker but definitely worth the $20 I paid for the box. The other cigar was a Brazilia still in the wrapper which got lost somewhere between the seats, with all this crap mounted in the car I will never find it....:rage: :mad:

I should have stuck to my policy of not taking my favorites to work.

A Brazilia is your favorite?!:eek: [huh]

Let's see, Friday I had a Por Larranaga figurado, Saturday I had a La Gloria Cubana Wavell and last night I had an interesting Cuban Twist.
It was interesting int he sense that it had a very poor draw. After trying to get it to draw for about ten minutes, I got out the ice pick. That worked for about half of it. Then I did it again to good avail until it gave me the spins and I had to put it down. :rolleyes: :eek: I guess I improved the draw too much. Those things have some kick if you smoke them right I guess. :D

RedPop4

One Too Many
I didn't smoke nuthin':mad: :mad: :mad:
The PI Chiefs are still available, my local shop has them. Talking to José Ortega a few months ago when he was here in New Orleans for a tasting, he was telling a story of an old guy who ONLY smokes Chiefs. But he'll only smoke one or two cigars per week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn