Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I dug an old one out of the humidor tonight, a Rocky Patel winter robusto from a two or three years ago. Still a nice smoke with McClelland's Highland.

danofarlington

I just had an assortment sampler from Thompson Cigar. Don't know what they are, where they're from, they're pretty good. Someone mentioned Rocky Patel, and they are good. Alec Bradley from Thompson are also good. But I'll tell you what. By accident, I got a free bonus pack from Thompson of a brand called "Genuine." It's by Rolando Reyes, I think it is. They are great, and not too expensive. I buy the maduro kind. Besides that, Rolanda Reyes makes a brand called "Roly," available from Thompson. They are also excellent. There's a Rolando Reyes junior and senior. Anyway, that's a very reasonably priced excellent cigar. Maybe they're only available from Thompson, because companies like their proprietary brands. This is my big "recommend" to cigar smokers. I'm talking about "Genuine" maduro as my #1 recommend, and "Roly" as #2.

I just had an assortment sampler from Thompson Cigar. Don't know what they are, where they're from, they're pretty good. Someone mentioned Rocky Patel, and they are good. Alec Bradley from Thompson are also good. But I'll tell you what. By accident, I got a free bonus pack from Thompson of a brand called "Genuine." It's by Rolando Reyes, I think it is. They are great, and not too expensive. I buy the maduro kind. Besides that, Rolanda Reyes makes a brand called "Roly," available from Thompson. They are also excellent. There's a Rolando Reyes junior and senior. Anyway, that's a very reasonably priced excellent cigar. Maybe they're only available from Thompson, because companies like their proprietary brands. This is my big "recommend" to cigar smokers. I'm talking about "Genuine" maduro as my #1 recommend, and "Roly" as #2.

What body are they? Medium? Full? I'll keep your recommendation in mind. :D
I had a Cain straight ligero maduro. I am sure it wassn't really straight ligero but it was fairly full bodied for sure. It made me take it slow. :p I also had a Oliva Melanio box press. Not bad at all.

danofarlington

I'm not sure I can classify a cigar between medium and full body. Maybe with some examples I would get the picture. I would say that Genuine maduros are medium body. Cain? Oliva Melanio? I'll look for them. What does ligero mean? Oh wait--must mean "light." But if it's worthwhile, why not? I can't afford Ashtons.

I'm not sure I can classify a cigar between medium and full body. Maybe with some examples I would get the picture. I would say that Genuine maduros are medium body. Cain? Oliva Melanio? I'll look for them. What does ligero mean? Oh wait--must mean "light." But if it's worthwhile, why not? I can't afford Ashtons.

Nope. Ligero is the strong tobacco leaves at the top of the plant. They get the most light yes. :p They also get lots of nicotine and other goodies being at the top of the plant. :p Ligero=STRONG. lol lol
The Cains are relatives to the short fat Nub cigars but they are, well Cain like. :p
I got them at the local cigar lounge. There was a buy three Oliva products and get the fourth free. The Cain was the free one. I bought the Nub Habano. :D

1961MJS

Hi

A shade Quorum Torpedo. Quorums are inexpensive short leaf cigars, but the torpedo shape, cut close to the end keeps them from unwrapping. Not bad for under $3.00 a cigar.

Later

zero.e

New in Town
Just smoked my third cigar of the year: rafael gonzalez panetelas extra ~98. It is beyond me why I haven't smoked as usual this year.[huh]

Flash

Familiar Face
Good evening to all. I am glad to become a member of this forum. I am surprised there is a lot of people loving "old times" here.
I`m just sitting in armchair with my Dunhill Cumberland Prince filled by Petersons Irish Flake.

SvH

New in Town
Today I went to the shop for Dunhill Royal Yacht, but came home with a tin of Troost Slices.
Now smoking Troost Slices in a PfeifenTimm. Later in the evening probably Sir William English Latakia in a small Meerschaum pipe.

Good evening to you all!

Geez, Last night I forgot my pipe outside. It rained all night. Fortunately it was under a tree and sort of protected by my smokihng stand but it did get wet. Darn it! I dried it off and it looks like it will be ok though. I hate getting my sherwood wet though. I suppose I will try it later this evening with some Field and Stream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy