Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What coffee or tea did you drink today?

Being basically a new old guy around here, I guess I will stick my neck out.
Tea, I drink a lot. I am not a connoisseur per se, however I like what I like, and a lot of it. For most of my life, I have enjoyed Lipton, orange, peko, and black. However, in the past several years, it seems to have disappeared. I still get Lipton, but it is lighter in color, and milder in flavor, and while still enjoyable, I do not like it as much. I can get a store brand that is black tea and maybe a bit better, but my wife doesn't like it. I use three T-spoons of sugar to a large cup. Not so bad now, I used to use seven T-spoons in that same cup (I liked a little tea with my sugar).
I do sometimes drink Earl Grey also.

About coffee. I like the smell of coffee. But I can't stand to drink the stuff!!! I hate coffee ice-cream! I hate coffee candies! NO amount of cream and/or sugar can make it palatable.
However, I did drink one full cup of coffee, once.
For over twenty-five years, I worked in communication systems contracting. This took me to many places. A small private television system presented some interesting challenges. We were very limited by the owners on how much could be spent, and that limited the channels that could be carried on the small system. There were only a few Spanish speaking families in this area, and we told them that we would see what we could do for them, but no promises. Well, we scrounged up some equipment, installed a couple used antennas from another site, and managed to get the two different Spanish language channels that were available at that time in that area. We went to the two Spanish speaking only homes (out of nearly 300 homes) to tune in their TVs and make sure things were working okay. The people were elated, and so grateful, they insisted that we sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee with them. My co-worker at that point actually was my dad, who spoke very little Spanish. I spoke Spanish even less, but apparently better than anyone in this family spoke English. My dad knew of my disgust for coffee, and began to try to politely explain it to them. At which point I stopped him and said I would drink it. I have always studied cultures as well as history. I knew that for me to refuse such a gesture on their part would be an insult.
So I drank my one cup of coffee. Straight. Black. In my best fractured Spanish, I told them it was very good and thanked them. We ran those Spanish channels on that system for many years.
W2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Kona coffee from Hawaii.
Something Estates...
The dopes at Walmart didn't get my medication in time. :mad:
Lovely...oh well, I enjoy drinking coffee when I can.:D

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
The in-laws gave us their old Keurig single-cup coffee system when they upgraded to a new one a few months back. We've been having fun experimenting with all the different flavors available. Haven't settled on a favorite yet, but I tend to prefer darker blends, the stronger the better. Any suggestions?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
The in-laws gave us their old Keurig single-cup coffee system when they upgraded to a new one a few months back. We've been having fun experimenting with all the different flavors available. Haven't settled on a favorite yet, but I tend to prefer darker blends, the stronger the better. Any suggestions?

I've tried most of the dark roasts, and by far my favorites are Revv and Dark Magic.

Brad

GoetzManor

Familiar Face

Matt,

If you are looking for dark blends for the Keurig, I would recommend the Dark Magic from Green Mountain Coffee. If that doesn't do it for you, try Black Silk by Folger's, it's almost like sipping on tar (you can take that one how you want).

In regards to the post title: every once in a while I tend to see a strange coffee blend at Home Goods when I'm shopping with my wife; this last time purchased a pound of something called Snickers Kicker Pie which, you guessed it, is supposed to taste just like a Snickers bar. It doesn't really, but I think it's pretty good for just buying on a whim. If you are an adventurous coffee drinker, pick it up if you see it. It goes really well with a peanut butter doughnut from the Fractured Prune, but that's another story for another day!

Last edited:

minkowski1552

New in Town
I favor Kona brand but I will drink any coffee provided it is black, no sugar and very strong. There is a coffee shop I go to once a month and enjoy a triple expresso. Caffeine has little effect on me.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Still enjoying some Kona we bought in Hawaii in May. Sadly, it is the lst bag, then back to the stuff from Sam's Club [which makes a good cuppa Joe].

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
My absolute favourite black tea, an Assam from the Dimakusi estate in the hills of the province. It's not cheap but is as close to tea ambrosia as I think you could possibly ever get.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran