Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did families of the fourties have on their walls?

In my family you would see old b&w photo portraits of family. Also, some paintings of various sizes and mirrors were up all about the home or apartment. Sometimes those framed cross stitched pictures. Calendars were usually in the kitchen. In the boys room you'd see the old style felt ball team pennants.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
MaryDeluxe said:
The tropical prints of the birds are by Turner. They are known for doing the flamingo mirror art pieces and other tropical birds. But they are pricey and highly collectible!

Actually I was going to suggest that Turner prints might be something you want to look into for wall art. I would also suggest looking for art prints from De Jonge. They both have done some very pretty flower art prints. Most of the pictures you will run across will be smaller in size and usually come as a set of prints.

Here is a picture from my friend Jody or sweet_inspiration over on flickr. She has amazing taste and I think might be what you are looking to accomplish! This is a picture of her guest room and living room. See more of her cool style here.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweet_inspiration/253713806/ Oh I forgot she also has a blog....http://themistressofthehouse.blogspot.com/

sweet_inspiration.jpg

sweet_inspirationlivingroom.jpg

And here is a picture of a set of De Jonge prints in my living room!
3185974085_7b6eed15c6.jpg

Wonderful interiors! So true to period, in that they really appear to have grown over time, with pieces of many different vintages. Your friend has a wonderful sense of style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy